Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever lose an auction for less than your snipe?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Pretty simple question - have you ever watched an auction close, you're not the winner, but after taking a closer look it was won for less than your snipe (or bid) and you weren't the winner?!

Sounds stupid but this just happened to me... had a $12 snipe and the auction was won for $11.83 or something and I wasn't the winner. Obviously it is because "incrementally" I wasn't able to bid but just found it interesting because even though it's basically pennies, the seller got less money than someone was willing to pay.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any bigger auctions where incrementally you need to bid at least $5 or $50 and you lost it?

I know the answer is "Don't put in a snipe for an even dollar amount but always over the even dollar amount to avoid this" but just thought it was interesting but understand what happened.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Don't tell me this, I'm at the NASCAR race today and sniping for the first time today, I was actually pretty worried even before I read this lol

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Part of me was happy because I figured it'd sell for like $8 and my snipe was WAY enough... Was actually happy to see I didn't win lol

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
My first experiment with sniping went okay last night, have to work over night tonight so I will have to try it again tonight

Members online

Latest posts