User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let this sink in for a second.....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let this sink in for a second.....

There are as many companies making SOCCER.....SOCCER!.....cards as baseball!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soccer is by far the biggest sport in the world, massively more popular than baseball, which is played in relatively few countries.
    Why woudn't a sport with a billion more worldwide fans have at least as many companies making cards?
    Last edited by Austin; 04-06-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are MORE companies making licensed soccer cards the licensed Baseball cards...

Sent from my XT1060 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Soccer is by far the biggest sport in the world, massively more popular than baseball, which is played in relatively few countries.
    Why woudn't a sport with a billion more worldwide fans have at least as many companies making cards?
    Really? How many of those billion are card collectors compared to baseball card collectors? ESPECIALLY in this country.

When was the last time you saw soccer cards sold at shows beyond a new box by a wax dealer?

There's no question soccer is the "world's sport" but there's also no question that compared to baseball, soccer collectors are few far between.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCgalaxee View Post
    Really? How many of those billion are card collectors compared to baseball card collectors? ESPECIALLY in this country.
    When was the last time you saw soccer cards sold at shows beyond a new box by a wax dealer?
    You do realize that sportscards are sold outside the United States and its card shows, right?
    There could be an enormous amount of soccer (football) card collectors in Europe, Central and South America, Mexico, Africa, etc... countries that worship soccer more than Americans love baseball.
    Last edited by Austin; 04-06-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

@HeimoRS
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baseball Cards are a part of American tradition. Soccer cards.... not so much.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    You do realize that sportscards are sold outside the United States and its card shows, right?
    There could be an enormous amount of soccer (football) card collectors in Europe, Central and South America, Mexico, Africa, etc... countries that worship soccer more than Americans love baseball.
    This. It would make no sense if there were more baseball card companies. The world is more than America, and baseball is probably only the third most popular sport globally.

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without lookin it up...Name 10 soccer players from the US
    RoncalliJetsForever9096822
    HOFer Craig Biggio-1469/4879-29% Craig Biggio Card Site
    HOFer
    Derrick Brooks-260/773-33% Derrick Brooks Card Site

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggioBrooks755 View Post
    Without lookin it up...Name 10 soccer players from the US
    Why would a bunch of baseball car collectors be able to name 10 soccer players from the US? All I have: Altidore, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley (he may be retired), Mia Hamm, Hope Solo, Wambach, Rapinoe (something like that), the men's goalie who's name I don't remember (but I know his face hah), and the sports bra chick from the women's Olympic or World Cup final

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add to those Tim Howard (the goalie), Brek Shea, Michael Bradley, Alexi Lalas, Freddy Adu, Steve Cherundulo, Hercules Gomez, I could keep going but I believe combined we are way over 10. Not every American doesn't care about soccer, and asking people to "name 10" is silly.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only mens soccer player I know is Donovan

Plus, this mostly proves that American baseball card collectors doesnt really care about soccer, thus card companes should spend alot more time on sports that people actually collect
    HOFer

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggioBrooks755 View Post
    The only mens soccer player I know is Donovan

Plus, this mostly proves that American baseball card collectors doesnt really care about soccer, thus card companes should spend alot more time on sports that people actually collect
    Just because you don't care,
    Doesn't mean no one does...
    Expand your horizons.

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why we should all be buying soccer cards. When the general belief is that a product is pointless but is actually collected by a large (but mostly invisible) community, you find value. If you collected comics in the 1950s, people would have mocked you because nobody can even name 10 comic book characters and those publishers should just focus on real books. Today, you wouldn't care about social security because you'd be rich.

Note: I don't understand or particularly like soccer but I can watch any sport live and with a beer in my hand.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    This is why we should all be buying soccer cards. When the general belief is that a product is pointless but is actually collected by a large (but mostly invisible) community, you find value. If you collected comics in the 1950s, people would have mocked you because nobody can even name 10 comic book characters and those publishers should just focus on real books. Today, you wouldn't care about social security because you'd be rich.

Note: I don't understand or particularly like soccer but I can watch any sport live and with a beer in my hand.
    That's it, I'm going back to Wal-Mart and buy the whole XXXXload of Pokeman, Magic, and Yu-Gi-oh cards that were on the shelf.Can't wait to see what value that junk will have in half a century.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh lets have the card companies make Cricket cards, and dartball cards, and bowling cards...Those sports are popular too
    HOFer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast