Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Let this sink in for a second.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There are as many companies making SOCCER.....SOCCER!.....cards as baseball!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Soccer is by far the biggest sport in the world, massively more popular than baseball, which is played in relatively few countries.
Why woudn't a sport with a billion more worldwide fans have at least as many companies making cards?

Last edited:

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
There are MORE companies making licensed soccer cards the licensed Baseball cards...

Sent from my XT1060 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Soccer is by far the biggest sport in the world, massively more popular than baseball, which is played in relatively few countries.
Why woudn't a sport with a billion more worldwide fans have at least as many companies making cards?

Really? How many of those billion are card collectors compared to baseball card collectors? ESPECIALLY in this country.

When was the last time you saw soccer cards sold at shows beyond a new box by a wax dealer?

There's no question soccer is the "world's sport" but there's also no question that compared to baseball, soccer collectors are few far between.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Really? How many of those billion are card collectors compared to baseball card collectors? ESPECIALLY in this country.
When was the last time you saw soccer cards sold at shows beyond a new box by a wax dealer?
You do realize that sportscards are sold outside the United States and its card shows, right?
There could be an enormous amount of soccer (football) card collectors in Europe, Central and South America, Mexico, Africa, etc... countries that worship soccer more than Americans love baseball.

Last edited:

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
You do realize that sportscards are sold outside the United States and its card shows, right?
There could be an enormous amount of soccer (football) card collectors in Europe, Central and South America, Mexico, Africa, etc... countries that worship soccer more than Americans love baseball.

This. It would make no sense if there were more baseball card companies. The world is more than America, and baseball is probably only the third most popular sport globally.

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Without lookin it up...Name 10 soccer players from the US

Why would a bunch of baseball car collectors be able to name 10 soccer players from the US? All I have: Altidore, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley (he may be retired), Mia Hamm, Hope Solo, Wambach, Rapinoe (something like that), the men's goalie who's name I don't remember (but I know his face hah), and the sports bra chick from the women's Olympic or World Cup final

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Add to those Tim Howard (the goalie), Brek Shea, Michael Bradley, Alexi Lalas, Freddy Adu, Steve Cherundulo, Hercules Gomez, I could keep going but I believe combined we are way over 10. Not every American doesn't care about soccer, and asking people to "name 10" is silly.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The only mens soccer player I know is Donovan

Plus, this mostly proves that American baseball card collectors doesnt really care about soccer, thus card companes should spend alot more time on sports that people actually collect

Just because you don't care,
Doesn't mean no one does...
Expand your horizons.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
This is why we should all be buying soccer cards. When the general belief is that a product is pointless but is actually collected by a large (but mostly invisible) community, you find value. If you collected comics in the 1950s, people would have mocked you because nobody can even name 10 comic book characters and those publishers should just focus on real books. Today, you wouldn't care about social security because you'd be rich.

Note: I don't understand or particularly like soccer but I can watch any sport live and with a beer in my hand.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This is why we should all be buying soccer cards. When the general belief is that a product is pointless but is actually collected by a large (but mostly invisible) community, you find value. If you collected comics in the 1950s, people would have mocked you because nobody can even name 10 comic book characters and those publishers should just focus on real books. Today, you wouldn't care about social security because you'd be rich.

Note: I don't understand or particularly like soccer but I can watch any sport live and with a beer in my hand.

That's it, I'm going back to Wal-Mart and buy the whole XXXXload of Pokeman, Magic, and Yu-Gi-oh cards that were on the shelf.Can't wait to see what value that junk will have in half a century.

Members online

Latest posts