Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jameson Taillon to Have TJ Surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bill Brink ‏@BrinkPG
Dr. David Altcheck will perform the surgery on Taillon, #Pirates announce. Rest and treatment didn't help. Will keep him out for a year.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Hope he recovers... Gives me a year to pick some autos up...

Sent from my XT1060 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Oh noes. :( I had him pegged as having a huge year with the Pirates. Hope he can make a full recovery!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I hope he has a speedy recovery. Parnell of the Mets to also have season ending TJ surgery. Why do you guys think there are so many Tommy John surgeries this year?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Why do you guys think there are so many Tommy John surgeries this year?

my two thoughts are the human body wasn't designed to throw a baseball and ballplayer physiology has gotten ahead of human evolution.

and I'm not surprised at the number of TJ's this year, i'm more surprised at the number of players going on their 2nd or 3rd ones.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I think it's the physique of the guys today. Pitchers are worried about getting bigger and stronger when they should be focused on flexibility. Pitchers used to be smaller and more flexible, and they had fewer injuries even though they threw more pitches. The torque/force being placed on the joints while throwing a pitch is extremely high and adding muscle just makes it higher while limiting your flexibility. This is what I attribute to injuries across baseball and not just pitchers. Nolan Ryan was never a super built guy, and he could has it with the best ever. Same could be said of Randy Johnson.

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Members online