Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I need $4k of insurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I don't really care through who (other than FedEx), but I can't find any concrete info on how much it costs. Can I even get $4k through USPS or UPS? Ups.com said something about $1.60 for every $100 ins, but it only goes up to $1000?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I just called. Registered will be locked in a safe, and each driver has to sign for it whenever it changes possession. When it arrives at each Post Office it gets locked in a cage to be sorted. Guy said you can track it constantly. Maybe $20 to ship it? Call local P.O. or stop in for questions.

Dec 18, 2008
Registered mail is NOT tracked. I do large deals all the time and registered is only worth using if you are unfamiliar with the buyer and you are mailing over $5k of value. It is locked and signed for whenever it is touched, but it will take anywhere from 4-14 days for the package to arrive and you are not guaranteed any timeframe. Also the tracking number with registered cannot be tracked online like any other normal tracking number. The only thing you will see online is when it is delivered, you will not get any status updates with registered mail. I typically use USPS express fully insured for any packages that are worth over $2,500, because it costs less to ship express versus priority when you are fully insuring a package for over $2,500 or so. I have never had an issue with USPS express (knock on wood) when shipping overnight insured. I've even shipped that way when I have larger valued items than $5k, but just put the $5k of insurance on the package.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks rarecardcollector.

Can I do Express on a $4k item? I'm the buyer, I'm sending a cashiers check to the guy and since it'll take a few days to clear, I wanted to get it back to me overnight.

I guess I'm wondering what the quickest, safest mmethod of getting me the card is while being fully covered in case of loss

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I recently sent in a Beckett submission, sent a medium flat rate box and bought postage online. I then went to the post office to buy insurance since I could buy only $500 worth through PayPal shipping. It cost me almost $60 to insure $5000 value of the cards.

Dec 18, 2008
Yes for $4k of insurance via usps express overnight it will cost around $45, whereas registered will cost a lot less, but then you have no idea when you are going to get the package. As long as the seller fully insures the item(which most do NOT) it is covered, just make sure to tell them you want the item FULLY insured.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I recently sent in a Beckett submission, sent a medium flat rate box and bought postage online. I then went to the post office to buy insurance since I could buy only $500 worth through PayPal shipping. It cost me almost $60 to insure $5000 value of the cards.
I just paid about 12.50 for $1025 in ins. through usps.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Well Crimea river, I done got caught. It's a mail order bride

48307502.jpg

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Registered mail is NOT tracked. I do large deals all the time and registered is only worth using if you are unfamiliar with the buyer and you are mailing over $5k of value. It is locked and signed for whenever it is touched, but it will take anywhere from 4-14 days for the package to arrive and you are not guaranteed any timeframe. Also the tracking number with registered cannot be tracked online like any other normal tracking number. The only thing you will see online is when it is delivered, you will not get any status updates with registered mail. I typically use USPS express fully insured for any packages that are worth over $2,500, because it costs less to ship express versus priority when you are fully insuring a package for over $2,500 or so. I have never had an issue with USPS express (knock on wood) when shipping overnight insured. I've even shipped that way when I have larger valued items than $5k, but just put the $5k of insurance on the package.

Whenever I sell anything over $100 international, I always ship registered because there is tracking the whole way. It tracks the entire movement of the package... including when it is scanned by customs in NYC and it's movement in the country I sent it through. Sure, it takes a long time for delivery, but I refuse to not be able to track it door to door outside the U.S.

I'm not sure where you get this "is NOT tracked" from. The RE_________US format tracks the same through USPS as any other tracking number.

Dec 18, 2008
Whenever I sell anything over $100 international, I always ship registered because there is tracking the whole way. It tracks the entire movement of the package... including when it is scanned by customs in NYC and it's movement in the country I sent it through. Sure, it takes a long time for delivery, but I refuse to not be able to track it door to door outside the U.S.

I'm not sure where you get this "is NOT tracked" from. The RE_________US format tracks the same through USPS as any other tracking number.

No the registered does not give updates as to where the package is at any given time. It COULD possibly be different for international as I have not used registered for international. I always ship express for international packages, and I ship international quite a bit. Registered will show up online, but it only shows the acceptance and the delivery, you have no idea where the package is in between and you won't know when the package will be delivered until it actually is delivered.

Members online

Latest posts