Thread: Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

untouchabletechniq
     Techniq650
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

Can't believe it.. Just after being inducted into the Hall of Fame and was on Raw last night!

It's just so sudden and unexpected, as death is I suppose but this is bit of different circumstance.. I mean RIGHT after being inducted into the hall of fame.

Now it would suck anyway, he is one of the greatest and an icon.. But it is especially touching after watching him say so many nice things about his daughters, mom,and even Vince. Shows the egomaniac in a different light. Wrong or right, I always respected the way he told things the way he thought they were, even if a bit offensive at times.

RIP Warrior
    Please take a look at my blog http://baseballpackaday.blogspot.com - rather self explanatory, I'd love any thoughts, comments, or opinions!
    Always looking for good pack deals and/or donations!

premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How crazy is life sometimes.

He finally got peace from wwe and is dead.

Its sad we'll never see him in his ambassador role

His promo on RAW makes a lot more sense now:

“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend markers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!”
    Last edited by HPC; 04-09-2014 at 03:23 AM.

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shedding tears after finding and hearing the news. I grew up watching him and one of my favorites. He stood out from his unique promos to running down the ring, shaking the ropes, and grabbing the air feeling the energy from the crowd.

He knew his time was coming. The final three days he made his peace with everyone and gave everyone thanks and goodbye.

RIP Warrior and will forever miss you.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was never a big fan if his, but this is completely shocking.

I was very sad to hear this.

It's like he got what he'd been wanting so bad for nearly 20 years, to be recognized unbiased, then then just went. It's like he was just waiting for this time to come.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am numb right now ...

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing about Warrior is that he was literally off his rocker batXXXX crazy lunatic insane.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His 80's promos were freaking awesome. I will also NEVER forget watching him beat Hogan at WM6 when I was a kid. Shocked the hell out of me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    His 80's promos were freaking awesome. I will also NEVER forget watching him beat Hogan at WM6 when I was a kid. Shocked the hell out of me.
    Right on. It was bizarre for the time for two "faces" to square off for a title but as big as Warrior was at the time, seeing Hogan lose (as a kid growing up at the time) was as shocking as the death of Superman
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to hear this, but after seeing him leaving the ring Monday night it doesn't shock me. I couldn't help but notice then that he was having trouble breathing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone posted above, his speech from monday is very eerie. Its like he knew his time was coming, and he made his peace with Vince and the wwe and got enshrined into the hall of fame. After that he was ready to go and passed away. He was definitely having a hard time breathing leaving the ring Monday night.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed during his RAW appearance that be wasn't walking that well, and what really struck me was is poor attempt at shaking the ropes.

boilboil1980
     ripkingsrippin
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to tell you guys, I am not surprised at all. I looked at my wife during his promo on Monday and said to her "he looks like he is going to have a heart attack". Everything seemed very difficult for him, even just spitting out a normal sentence and as stated above, him shaking the ropes was depressing. Nonetheless, RIP Warrior, you will be missed. He was one of my favorites growing up.

Want to try out Ripkings? Want a COUPON CODE? Pm me!

Check out our upcoming breaks at http://ripkings.com/?page_id=120

Follow us on twitter - https://twitter.com/RIPKINGSRippin

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerskrip View Post
    I have to tell you guys, I am not surprised at all. I looked at my wife during his promo on Monday and said to her "he looks like he is going to have a heart attack". Everything seemed very difficult for him, even just spitting out a normal sentence and as stated above, him shaking the ropes was depressing. Nonetheless, RIP Warrior, you will be missed. He was one of my favorites growing up.
    When he couldn't shake the ropes, I knew something was terribly wrong. I just was hoping it wouldn't mean his death 24 hours later ... still in a state of shock / disbelief.

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishDave View Post
    When he couldn't shake the ropes, I knew something was terribly wrong. I just was hoping it wouldn't mean his death 24 hours later ... still in a state of shock / disbelief.
    He was also sweating profusely during his HOF speech and even commented on it.

The signs were all there but you never think something like that is going to happen

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up the new warrior DVD at walmart today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast