Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview - Have your guy or any player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Stuns me but this is an Albert Belle card I don't have any it stuns me that I've never seen one available. Do you have your guy or any player? Do you know the story with this set and why it's so rare? Maybe I'm just missing something and don't know what I'm really looking for.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
O'neill is missing from my collection. I never saw one and all other O'neill collectors I have come in contact with have never seen one. I do have these as an active search and I always see the same players available. I would love to cross this one off my list.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
O'neill is missing from my collection. I never saw one and all other O'neill collectors I have come in contact with have never seen one. I do have these as an active search and I always see the same players available. I would love to cross this one off my list.
That's interesting. Is it possible some players weren't released? Curious if other people, maybe some of the '90s guys, think it was a screwed up SP or something. I have never seen a Belle but haven't really known what I'm looking for. Seem to be a few players on eBay.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You could only get them through an obscure web promo back in 1996, and personally, no one I knew back in 1996 was using the internet. There's a chance that some were never redeemed, or maybe just a handful of a particular card (I don't think you could pick who you wanted if you won). I have a Chili Davis, but I'm lucky in that only a handful of my top PC players potentially have one of these.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
That's interesting. Is it possible some players weren't released? Curious if other people, maybe some of the '90s guys, think it was a screwed up SP or something. I have never seen a Belle but haven't really known what I'm looking for. Seem to be a few players on eBay.

They definitely weren't released in equal quantities. I have pursued the set, off an on, for years. Currently, about 66 different for me. Hardest ones for me to find seem to be towards the end of the set (90-100), but there are definite SP's within the first 90 as well. Some are relatively easy to find if you look long enough, even big names, so I think it just depended on how many winners were for that particular card number. And, no, I have no Belle :) or O'Neill for that matter. I know the Vizquel collector and most of the Juan Gonzalez collector's doubt they all exist, but I'm pretty sure someone on here has a set or at least close to it.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I would love to see a scan. I have searched for Bernie since eBay started and never laid eyes on one.

Here is a quick pic of it:

full.jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I've got Clemens and Larkin and believe clarkfan bought a Sandberg off of me on COMC.

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I have two Conines. Maybe 3. I got them all in lots. I've never made an attempt to buy the card otherwise because I find it ugly

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I do have 1 and only 1 Andre Dawson and I just picked it up within the last six months. I however do not have the Artist Proof from this set, hmm.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1397177478.052723.jpg

Members online