User Tag List

Thread: eBay workarounds: editing saved search titles and daily email preferences

dodgergeo
     dodgergeo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eBay workarounds: editing saved search titles and daily email preferences

I know that I am not the only one that has been extremely frustrated since eBay "wisely" decided to screw with what used to be called "Saved Searches". Now that they are called "Searches you follow", there apparently has been no way to edit the title or parameters of an existing search. If you change the search parameters, you are forced to save an entirely new search and cannot give it a custom name.

Here's how to get around that:
    1) open your existing search in a new tab
    2) at the end of the URL, type in &_jsoff=1 and then enter
    3) on the next page you should see the old "Save search" option. Click that link and enter your custom search title.

This same method works for all new searches you want to give a custom name to. Again, just enter &_jsoff=1 at the end of the URL.

Now, another thing I have been having trouble with is turning off daily emails for some of my searches. For a long time, it would act as my setting had changed, but as soon as I refreshed my search page the changed searches would still show as "Receiving emails". Today I was getting a constant "unable to save email settings, please try again" popup. If you've been having trouble with the same thing, here's a workaround:

1) click "My eBay" at the top right of your page
    2) click the "Account" tab (should be right under your eBay ID and feedback score)
    3) click "Communication Preferences" (left side of screen)
    4) under the "Buyer" section, click "Show" in the "Saved" area
    5) you should see a long list of your saved searches. If you no longer want daily emails, select "None". If you wish to start up daily emails, select "Real-time".
    6) next, go to the bottom of your list of searches and click the "Save" button. If you don't, your preferences won't change. You should get a green check mark with the note "Your preferences were successfully saved."

That's it!

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now if someone could find a workaround for the elimination of the wildcard* search,
    I could get a lot of useless crap out of my saved search results.