Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Someone Explain Topps Redemptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
- Didi Gregorious autos were live in 2013 Bowman Sterling, Platinum, Topps Finest, Series 2, Topps Chrome.
- His autos were REDEMPTIONS in 2013 Triple Threads.
- DG autos are LIVE in 2014 Tribute & Museum.
- My 3 redemptions from DECEMBER are still pending, while new product shipping has live cards. As the Dalek's on Doctor Who proclaim: Explain?!
(note: I am not waiting by the mailbox for my Didi autos, I just don't get this horrible process....)

- Randy Johnson autos were redemptions in 2014 Series 1 & Tribute.
- I submitted a Before They Were Great & an '89 Mini Die Cut redemption from S.
- The BTWG arrived after 2 weeks, 2 months later and still no 89 Mini. Same product?!
- From Tribute, someone listed the Tribute Onyx 1/1 red.on eBay. Didn't sell and he submitted the redemption. SAME WEEK I submitted a Gold /15 redemption. He had his Onyx in hand < 2 weeks later. Then sent it to Beckett. Then listed it again. My gold is still 'pending'. Someone has had a green /25 on eBay for a week!

I just don't get what they're doing over there at redeem.topps.com (whatever 3rd party Topps has thrown this 'tiring' task of fulfilling its companies promises), it seems so random. They don't get someone's cards in & ship them all out obviously. If I'm missing something, someone please illuminate me.

Also, their 'Update' blog on tumblr was last updated on February 28th. Must be a quarterly thing!

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
The ttt redemptions, do those involve relics?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I don't know what's going on with topps redemptions (in scenarios you describe that are similar to me with Panini and Robbie Grossman autos I"m waiting on).

Maybe Topps packed out live (or shipped redemptions) for those releases that they had enough stickers and are using redemptions in other products because they are aiming for on-card autos that Didi hasn't returned (and since he's at AAA reno, I'd think he'd have more time to sign some autos each day until he makes good on his contract with topps).

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm pretty sure that Topps does all their own Redemptions stuff in-house, not by a 3rd party company. Last year, in the spring, they cleaned out their "Customer service" department, hired a new Manager, etc. It seemed like things got better in the late summer but they're back to crappy Service now...

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
It's getting old. I have 5 pending of both active and retired players with both autos and relics. No rhyme or reason. I have scaled back on buying products. Can't sell redemptions to fund buying new. Oh well.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
I have a similar scenario. I have two Derek Jeter redemptions from 2013 Topps Museum Collection for Canvas Box Toppers. Topps claims they're not waiting for jerseys or autos, so then whats the hold up? Every time I call customer service, they tell me they have to check the status with some other department within Topps and that they would email me the results within 48 hrs. Guess what? Still haven't received one of those 48 hr. emails!

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Goodluck with Topps they are an absolute joke. They don't give a crap about fulfilling redemption cards I am waiting on 10 of them all of Matt Holliday. 2 of them are from TTT from 2011 I recently just called again for about the 15th time and all they could say is oh sorry the player hasn't signed anything yet. But he has autos in heritage from 12 and 13 that were in packs. So goodluck I am personally not buying anything new from Topps and haven't purchased anything new unless it was already out on the table

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think the redemption process is hilarious and somewhat of a black box. I share some of the same frustrations about redemption's and how it exactly works because I waited 2 years for a Belle redemption "on card" auto and over the span of those 2 years, watched auto after auto after auto after auto of his in newer product, and many "on card" and just wondered how this is not being fulfilled yet.

In other news though, Belle has a lot of redemption's in both Tribute and Museum from 2014 and the one was literally sent to me within weeks, it was NUTS. Figured a lot of these are just dead at the door with a 50% chance of ever being sent.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I have a similar scenario. I have two Derek Jeter redemptions from 2013 Topps Museum Collection for Canvas Box Toppers. Topps claims they're not waiting for jerseys or autos, so then whats the hold up? Every time I call customer service, they tell me they have to check the status with some other department within Topps and that they would email me the results within 48 hrs. Guess what? Still haven't received one of those 48 hr. emails!

That's mind blowing. Topps hasn't had Jeter autos in a decade yet there's a redemption for any of this stuff? That really makes this all even more obscene.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I waited over a year to get a topps finest
Will middlebrooks auto/jersey i finally got the card. It had ryan sweeny picture with middlebrooks auto. Not just mine but all the cards i see on ebay have it. They suck

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts