Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*********** Sunday Morning Thread ************* 4/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
once rest of house wakes I need to work some cards for kids day Wed . 1800 kids at stadium = lots of .25 / 1.00 sales

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Local low "A" league - Hickory Crawdads [Rangers] . For the past eight years I've sold cards on fri / Sat . nights and kids days - about 25 times a season . Price cards / team packs under $5.00 due to kids limits . I have lots of regular kids that buy during season . Sell about 200 of 50 or 100 count plastic team packs - that's a lot of sorting LOL . Braves ,Yankee and Red Sox sell but some teams NEVER sell [ West coast ] also sell football and some basketball / misc . That's five 3200 counts stars by team
During weeknights I walk around and give game used baseballs to special needs children first and if any left I'll find a kid to give to . I won't miss many games at home during season . My son has been batboy and clubbie [ club house assistant manager] six of last seven years .
I get to meet parents and GIRL FRIENDS [LOL] . Autos of both teams are normally easy to get . After players have signed for you several times they will just walk up to you to sign again .
Picture370-1.jpg

this is an old picture I do two tables now

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Local low "A" league - Hickory Crawdads [Rangers] . For the past eight years I've sold cards on fri / Sat . nights and kids days - about 25 times a season . Price cards / team packs under $5.00 due to kids limits . I have lots of regular kids that buy during season . Sell about 200 of 50 or 100 count plastic team packs - that's a lot of sorting LOL . Braves ,Yankee and Red Sox sell but some teams NEVER sell [ West coast ] also sell football and some basketball / misc . That's five 3200 counts stars by team
During weeknights I walk around and give game used baseballs to special needs children first and if any left I'll find a kid to give to . I won't miss many games at home during season . My son has been batboy and clubbie [ club house assistant manager] six of last seven years .
I get to meet parents and GIRL FRIENDS [LOL] . Autos of both teams are normally easy to get . After players have signed for you several times they will just walk up to you to sign again .
Picture370-1.jpg

this is an old picture I do two tables now
Wow, that is a cool thing. I really think our minor league team had an impact on how much I love baseball. We had the Waterbury Reds growing up and I loved the games. The turned into the Angels and Indians then to an independent league. Now it's just a stadium for HS games. Good for you. I would live to do something like that. Especially for the kids. I would probably lose $ trying to make them happy.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Stadium gets a % of sales . I get in case breaks , buy boxes, bulk , trade teams on another site and LCS sells me their base [cheap] I have 450,000 cards by team in alpha order . Ebay funds 75% of my $$$ .
BTW we have 100 plus bats, 350 signed baseballs -most fouls some HR , cleats , caps , catchers equipment ,gloves and LOTS of autos of local team. We were White Sox - Mag and Carlos Lee then Pirates for ten plus years . 119 former players have made the MLB .

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Happy Palm Sunday morning!
Tramers....thanks for the update on what you do and some of your items. Hope to make it down there to see it sometime.
DANNY

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Good morning gang.
It is sunny right now and it was cloudy earlier and it rained so much north of me around [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION] area that there was hail.
A friend that works at the same place Charlie does posted a video of it hailing. It was golf ball size hail to the east of him in the northern suburbs too.

Members online

Latest posts