Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Immortal Inscriptions mailday...1 down 1/2 to go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Recently, i shared a mailday that completed the decades subset out of the 2005 ultimate signature. If you missed it, here it is.

Ive always been interested in the immortal inscriptions set from the beginning and have focused most my attention there. Ive been stuck at 18/20 for a long time now, many years. Woke up sunday morning to a listing for the nolan ryan auto /10 that i last missed my chance on nearly 3 years back. This time, i didnt miss out and made a deal to get it into my set!

I now have 19/20 with the missing one being cal ripken. I do have the 1/1 ripken version so my set is as complete as anyone's. Since a regular ripken /10 has never been seen (by anyone ive talked to), this set is complete* in my book!!

Without further delay...The Ryan Express! rest of immortal inscription set

Last edited:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
What a beautiful card! Great job on the progress/completion. I dint realize how sp'd some of those are.

Sent from my XT555C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Congrats! I've seen your sig for a long time. Glad you're complete.

For my information, what's the deal with the Ripken? There was a 1/1 and a #/10 but no one has seen the #/10 ever? Odd. Sounds like it wasn't made but I'm sure that's obviously.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Thanks everyone!

There are quite a few low numbered cards, but even the higher numbered ones dont come up too often. It's definitely what makes the set hold it value and popularity.

Each card has a platinum (1/1) version to go along with the regular print run. The Ripken /10 has never been seen by anyone that I have spoken to, even beckett. I had contacted beckett in 2006 to ask about their pricing of these cards because i thought they were low, and they shared with me the spreadsheet they used to track sales (i have since continued that spreadsheet with every sale ive seen and got them to adjust prices at least once). They had seen at least one of every card sell except Ripken. About 5 years ago the platinum version came for sale on ebay right before the National, and the guy wouldnt take any less than his 1k BIN or else he was bringing it to the national to sell. Very glad i bit the bullet and got it back then

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Congrats, John! That's awesome. Can't believe how long I've been looking at your sig with those two yellow circled cards. Good luck with the Ripken, one of the best autograph sets ever made IMO.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Thanks, Gregg! Yea, stupid signature has been like that for about 4 years i think? LOL Finally changed it though!

I added a high res scan of the Ryan and also high res scan of all the others...with this coming in, it gave me an excuse to go down to the ole safe deposit box and grab them all to look at them together. Needed new scans anyways too...

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Congrats John, that is a beautiful card!

The full set looks great, one thing that pops out to me is that the Maddux is in black. Also interesting that Carter and Ozzie only included their nicknames.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I'm pretty sure Maddux signed every card in the ultimate signature set in black. It's as if he didn't like the pen UD gave him or something! At least he used the right kind and its not fading or smudging or something.

And I considered bringing each card to a signing a few years back that Ozzie and Gary were at. But Dave (wide right) talked me out of it since the set was released this way. I'm glad he did, I think I would have been upset with myself.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bodisurfa

Aug 7, 2008
Congrads on the Immortal Inscriptions and Decades! Such an awesome set.

I sure miss Dave doing those Ultimate Sig breaks, that was hella fun!

Members online

Latest posts