Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is sad. Regarding Jesse Neal and Jesse Sorensen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Former TNA talent Jesse Neal posted the following on Twitter after reports surfaced that he was now working at Wal-Mart…

“It’s funny how ppl make fun about real jobs and wrestlers we r human too and I have a family to provide for. So YES I man up and provide. The biggest joke of all is I get paid way more at Walmart then I ever did in TNA and on time. #whatawasteoftime #PrintThat I started wrestling to live a dream/make money/tell stories/learn as much as I can to give back to the people. Which I was as a kid. Don’t think that this is bitterness or pissed I’m not on their show anymore. Cuz remember I left them they didn’t leave me. #truth I’m still wrestling an loving it Having more fun then I’ve ever had There’s a lot of lies going around its just time ppl heard the #truth”

Jesse Sorensen also worked a second job as a waiter while with TNA and he posted a while ago about how he waited tables for the fans he just performed in front of. He worked near the place Hogan opened in Florida and would get fans who recognized him all the time.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I can't say I think it's too sad honestly.

I mean, the only reason we care is because they were wrestlers. But the fact is, they should have never even been given a shot at being a wrestler for a televised promotion. They're not talented at all, and they had no business ever making TV.

So do I feel bad that they're a waiter and a WalMart associate? Not one bit.

I commend them for doing what's necessary to provide for their families, without shame.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think its sad that the #2 pro wrestling company in the USA pays less than Walmart

I dont think its sad that theyre doing what they have to to survive, though.

Good on them

Apr 13, 2014
Hopefully he can put in a good word and hire Jesus Montero as a Walmart greeter.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
From the standpoint of watching him as a wrestler, it is sad... Degrading in a way.

But from the standpoint of him being a regular person, that's just everyday life.

Crazy that he got paid close to nothing in TNA though, didn't really know that. I didn't think he was making big bucks or anything but assumed it would pay better than Walmart.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I don't think it's degrading at all. It's Jesse Neal. If this was Hulk Hogan / Ric Flair / Rock / Dean Ambrose working at a Wally World, then it may be sad, but never degrading.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
That's a good point, it's only realistic that these lower mid card non-WWE wrestlers don't get paid much at all. I guess after growing up on WWF and WCW sometimes I just assume that it is a very well paying lucrative business.. But really, for most, it's not. Some perform for pennies on the dollar like real Indy wrestlers.. Might only get paid $20 a night.