Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How desirable are printing plates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuyerofCards

Apr 14, 2014
I just pulled a printing plate from one of the top prospects in baseball. I would just like opinions on just how desirable these things are.

Noob so ;)

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Not as desirable as a regular 1/1 card, and not as desirable as printing plates used to be. I've picked up dozens and dozens of Oakland A's printing plates for my collection (granted, they are commons/semistars, not top prospects) for $10-15 and many under $10. A lot of it depends on the set. If you let us know what set and player and/or give a scan I'm sure there are many here who could give a good estimate of the value.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I liked the idea when it was a new thing especially for player collectors. People did go nuts trying to get their player or players. I remember them being somewhat new around the same time as 1/1s and when these were looked at by the companies as 1/1s trying to get all 4 colors of these so called 1/1s were not so appealing year after year. I like adding them to my collection but I would rather they were the ones fri the earlier years.

BuyerofCards

Apr 14, 2014
Not as desirable as a regular 1/1 card, and not as desirable as printing plates used to be. I've picked up dozens and dozens of Oakland A's printing plates for my collection (granted, they are commons/semistars, not top prospects) for $10-15 and many under $10. A lot of it depends on the set. If you let us know what set and player and/or give a scan I'm sure there are many here who could give a good estimate of the value.
Its from the 2011 Bowman draft Javier Baez. I had purchased a gentle mans entire table and he just gave me a box filled with cards he had behind his sellers table which i pulled it from. If anybody would like a scan i surely can post one up.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
That's about as good as a unsigned plate gets, at least currently!

PS if anyone collects Don Kelly, Preston Wilson or David Dellucci let me know. I have one of each coming in from a lot I bought.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I like collecting them but I suppose I have more of an interest in them than most folks.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Its from the 2011 Bowman draft Javier Baez. I had purchased a gentle mans entire table and he just gave me a box filled with cards he had behind his sellers table which i pulled it from. If anybody would like a scan i surely can post one up.

Looks like one sold in March for $169 and there are two currently unsold at buy-it-nows of $200 and $250. I don't know what the Baez market has done since March but I would have to assume a sales value around $150-200.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I never pursued them with great vigor for my guys, but now that I have just about everything else, they're more attractive for me. They're nowhere near as desirable for most people as a "pure" card, though.

BuyerofCards

Apr 14, 2014
Looks like one sold in March for $169 and there are two currently unsold at buy-it-nows of $200 and $250. I don't know what the Baez market has done since March but I would have to assume a sales value around $150-200.
Wow! I just might sell it if thats the going price, lol.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I never pursued them with great vigor for my guys, but now that I have just about everything else, they're more attractive for me. They're nowhere near as desirable for most people as a "pure" card, though.

I've been a big fan of them since the jump since my guy (Sean Burnett) has so few cards. [MENTION=2077]smapdi[/MENTION] I remember you helping collection out a long time ago by selling me a Gold Ultimate Victory of Sean. I still have never seen another.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Tell me about it. I'm still working on that set and I only add about 1 a year at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts