Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What the Dodgers learned this weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
What did the Dodgers learn this weekend? Don't hit the ball to Nolan Arenado!

[video]http://m.mlb.com/video/v32445879/collad-arenado-makes-several-spectacular-plays/?query=arenado[/video]
[video]http://m.mlb.com/video/v32382287/collad-arenado-makes-a-spectacular-diving-grab/?query=arenado[/video]

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
We also learned that if they hadn't been playing the Arizona Cupcakes so much, they wouldn't be anywhere near .500...6-9 at home, 8-3 on the road (with 6 of those wins coming against every game they've played "At" Arizona)

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
You do realize the Dodgers are only 1.5 games back with a far better everyday lineup and better Defense than SF?

Do I realize

1.5 games back? Yes.
Better everyday lineup? Yes.
Better defense? Debatable.

Give me a break brah, this may be my only time all year to brag about being ahead of you guys =[ Give it 2 months and you can firmly talk as much XXXX as you want once you guys start to pull away.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Better defense? Debatable.

Give me a break brah, this may be my only time all year to brag about being ahead of you guys =[ Give it 2 months and you can firmly talk as much XXXX as you want once you guys start to pull away.

1.Any team with Morse and Pence has no shot of being close to good Defensively. Watching videos of Pence play fly balls and throw is used to break Suspects in Questioning. And "Panda" isn't exactly Brooks Robinson.

2. I'm actually an A's fan and much more of a Gents fans than Dodgers fan. Hudson and Vogelsong are two of my Favorite 5 players in the league but just making sure we didn't have another unrealistic, irrational Giants fan on our hands...

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
1.Any team with Morse and Pence has no shot of being close to good Defensively. Watching videos of Pence play fly balls and throw is used to break Suspects in Questioning. And "Panda" isn't exactly Brooks Robinson.

2. I'm actually an A's fan and much more of a Gents fans than Dodgers fan. Hudson and Vogelsong are two of my Favorite 5 players in the league but just making sure we didn't have another unrealistic, irrational Giants fan on our hands...

I basically enjoy the Giant's/A's/Mariners equally (with slight bias as it decreases). But I'll always be a Giants fan if a gun was at my head.

I actually came into this season with 3 expectations/hopes for the Giants in 2014: 1- to expect to lose the NL West to the Dodgers. 2- To secure a Wild Card Spot. 3- To have Kyle Crick promoted to the Bigs, and succeed the way Scherzer and JoFer have.

I think the only team that can beat the Dodgers in the NL West in 2014 is the Dodgers.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Or that Dee Gordon is a WAAAY better player than the insanely over-paid Carl Crawford? :lol:

and gut feeling tells me they are going to address the crawford thing by calling up Joc Pederson - been playing LF a lot lately so I think the Dodgers may be telegraphing Pederson for LF.

glad dee seems to have figured things out - it's been a very fun april watching dee!

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I love how everyone writes off the Rockies every year. Baring major injuries they have a team that can compete with anyone this year. Their lineup 1-8 is as good as any team in the bigs. And they have a ton of depth on their bench, at AA, and at AAA. Just took 2 of 3 from the Giants (at home) and 2 of 3 from the Dodgers (on the road) in their last 6 games.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I love how everyone writes off the Rockies every year. Baring major injuries they have a team that can compete with anyone this year. Their lineup 1-8 is as good as any team in the bigs. And they have a ton of depth on their bench, at AA, and at AAA. Just took 2 of 3 from the Giants (at home) and 2 of 3 from the Dodgers (on the road) in their last 6 games.

If memory serves, they started off better than this last April, no? How did that turn out?

I don't want to be the naysyaer, but people have plenty of reason to write them off. Your post doesn't mention pitching, which is always the Rox weakness. I know I will keep watching and hoping (and enjoying the what, 5th series won in a row?), but the lack of consistency in our starting rotation does not instill confidence.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA

It is always injuries and pitching for the Rockies. I would root for them if the Giants were out because i love arenado and blackmon, but just looking at long season, the rox usually fade.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado

Members online