User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: What's the goofiest thing your spouse made/wanted you do?

  1. #1
    Senior Member fordman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,010
     JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What's the goofiest thing your spouse made/wanted you do?

    As in the title, whats the goofiest thing your spouse wanted to you or make you do?

    Today, it was drive home 32 miles from work to
    .

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Get the cap off the milk jug. She said I put it on too tight and wanted me to come home and take it off for her. It's a 32 miles one-way trip. I told her it would be cheaper and easier to drive the 1 mile up the road and buy a pint. Her excuse to not go get more was "I'm not ready to leave the house yet and will will take me as long to get ready as it will for you to drive home".

    No, I didnt leave work to go open a jug of milk.

    Fordman.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    18,000
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This request would result in a huge fight with my wife. All on me. I would do it to make a point.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Juan Gris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,128
     juangris311
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    Get the cap off the milk jug. She said I put it on too tight and wanted me to come home and take it off for her. It's a 32 miles one-way trip. I told her it would be cheaper and easier to drive the 1 mile up the road and buy a pint. Her excuse to not go get more was "I'm not ready to leave the house yet and will will take me as long to get ready as it will for you to drive home".

    No, I didnt leave work to go open a jug of milk.

    Fordman.
    I'm not married but your scenario made me think of this Simpsons scene:

    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards, 1/1's And Game Used Bats!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,835
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    I'm not married but your scenario made me think of this Simpsons scene:

    Oh jesus.....damn you for posting that. I hate spiders with a PASSION but I've seen that Simpsons episode a few times. Great show.

    BUT DAMN YOU [MENTION=10072]Juan Gris[/MENTION]. When the video ended, youtube's grid of video recommendations were all big colorful nasty spiders. I almost died.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Juan Gris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,128
     juangris311
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoseyBuster View Post
    Oh jesus.....damn you for posting that. I hate spiders with a PASSION but I've seen that Simpsons episode a few times. Great show.

    BUT DAMN YOU @Juan Gris. When the video ended, youtube's grid of video recommendations were all big colorful nasty spiders. I almost died.
    I just rewatched the video and, sure enough, there are some terrifying pictures of spiders after it ends. Sorry 'bout that.
    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards, 1/1's And Game Used Bats!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,835
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Gris View Post
    I just rewatched the video and, sure enough, there are some terrifying pictures of spiders after it ends. Sorry 'bout that.
    My. Poor. Heart. =[

  7. #7
    Senior Member PadresFan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,554
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great reminder to remain single

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,075
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    Today, it was drive home 32 miles from work to
    Get the cap off the milk jug.
    tell her she knows where the channel-locks are!

    that's what I use when I can't remove the cap off something because the threads got gunked up with soda or whatever.

    my spouse story, my spouse made me..... oh, that's right. I don't have one to make stupid requests!

  9. #9
    Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
    Senior Member
    AmishDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ely, MN
    Posts
    12,360
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what she DOESN'T want me to do ....

    ... make Youtube Videos like this:




    The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

    JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

    Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

    Trade list linkage

  10. #10
    Senior Member Hawk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    8,249
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishDave View Post
    I know what she DOESN'T want me to do ....

    ... make Youtube Videos like this:


    That's some good stuff there!
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,216
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine always makes me get manicure/pedicures.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Pine Tar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oswego,Illinois
    Posts
    27,695
     richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marry her. 24 years this April 20th as a matter of fact.

  13. #13
    Senior Member RiceLynnEvans75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    3,264
     diamondlegends
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
    Marry her. 24 years this April 20th as a matter of fact.
    Ha! Your first two words were going to be my answer. Divorce filing in Aug though here.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Philip J. Fry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,514
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, no comment from [MENTION=1804]notjomommasclint[/MENTION]?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Pine Tar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oswego,Illinois
    Posts
    27,695
     richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry View Post
    What, no comment from [MENTION=1804]notjomommasclint[/MENTION]?
    Nope because the things he does he does not think are goofy, just normal everyday tasks
    -Richard-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •