Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 bowman hobby & jumbo box questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I bought 1 jumbo and 2 hobby.

In the jumbo I pulled 2 chrome autos -- betts and mcgrath.
I then pulled a perfect game auto.

The jumbo box says 3 bowman chrome autos and in the past
I thought the perfect game was an extra hit.

First hobby box, I got a blue auto of daniel robertson. (daughter opened it)
Second hobby box, I got 0 autos. (sad because it was the box my son opened)

My question is, I know I was shorted in the hobby, but was I also shorted in the jumbo?
If so, is this common in 2014 bowman? This happening to anyone else? I have opened for years
and have had it happen a few times, but not 2 at one time, from 2 different cases/types of box.

Let me know your thoughts.

From experience, topps doesn't send you much in return. This ruined what I had a lot of high hopes for.
It was a pretty big let down.

Greg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Did you go over the cards again. Sometimes they can be stuck to another card. But if you were in fact shorted in the Hobby box that does suck.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Seems the PG/AFLAC autos are replacing chrome autos. But use Topps' lingo against them - it says THREE BOWMAN CHROME AUTOGRAPHS PER BOX. Write them a letter with your UPC codes and request two BC replacements. Don't expect anyone decent though

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Did you go over the cards again. Sometimes they can be stuck to another card. But if you were in fact shorted in the Hobby box that does suck.

Went through each box twice already. Was hoping my son and I missed one, but didnt turn up.

I have been ripping multiple cases for years, so I am pretty good at spotting them. I've slowed down in what I open the last few years.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
My Perfect Game auto card replaced my chrome auto in my jumbo box. :(

Just had a customer tell me he got a perfect game auto, a "wave" auto AND two chrome autos in his jumbo box.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
The Wave autos are all bonuses. they don't replace your chrome autos.

Yup! as far as I can tell and from what ive read, you have a random chance at getting a "wave parallel" hot pack, and inside that, you have a chance at having an Auto....is this correct lisa from what you found in your 4 cases?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Yup! as far as I can tell and from what ive read, you have a random chance at getting a "wave parallel" hot pack, and inside that, you have a chance at having an Auto....is this correct lisa from what you found in your 4 cases?

Yep, i got 14 autos in my hobby case because i got two wave autos.

Members online

Latest posts