Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best commentary team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Who is your favorite commentary team?

Been watching a lot of 80s and early 90s PPVs on the Network and it reminded me of the classic chemistry some of these guys had.

I really enjoyed Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura.. The way they bicker and argue was very entertaining! After hearing them together so much during that period of time, I started to think they were my favorites.. But that just maybe to immediate overexposure, because in the long run - I think ill hafta go with Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon.. Even though Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross are classic too. Vince wasn't too bad either.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Ventura / Mosoon. Nobody tells a story like Jim Ross though. Gordon Solie would be right up there as well, but team wise, I dislike Lawler and whoever else was with Solie (which he was usually the one man booth).

Loved Lance Russell too.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Monsoon and Ventura but Monsoon & Heenan is a very close second for me.

I did like Larry Zybiscko, Heenan in WCW minus Tony Shiovanni. They gave you the heal is never wrong perspective

Joey 'OH MY GOD' Styles was great by himself as when Paul Heyman matched him up with Shane Douglas, Cyrus, or whoever would sit there, just didn't seem to mesh with Joey.

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Monsoon and Ventura but Monsoon & Heenan is a very close second for me.

I did like Larry Zybiscko, Heenan in WCW minus Tony Shiovanni. They gave you the heal is never wrong perspective

Joey 'OH MY GOD' Styles was great by himself as when Paul Heyman matched him up with Shane Douglas, Cyrus, or whoever would sit there, just didn't seem to mesh with Joey.

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yeah.. Heenan, Zbyszko, and Schiavone were good.. Schiavone got on my nerves a lot back then but I really think he was a necessary part of the team

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
All have been mentioned, but Gorilla with Ventura or Heenan were great. I also like Ventura and McMahon. Even as a kid, it cracked me up everytime Jesse would say "Shut up, McMahon!"

I liked Ross also. His drawl, vocabulary, and phrasing produced some great lines.
"Beating him like a goverment mule", "My Gawd! My Gawd! My Gaw!"

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I am in the minority of enjoying Mark Madden too. Not ALL the time, but some of his stuff he had was golden and left me in tears.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hennig and Vince were pretty good together when they did color together

Jesse and Vince too!

I also like Tony Schiavone, although many people don't

But JR and Jerry are my favorite since I grew up with the Attitude Era

Members online

Latest posts