Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are you guys losing interest in Bryan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
A report came out that says high ups in WWE think he plateaued at Mania and that the YES chant is the only reason people still like him.

I lost interest, back around Rumble.

I think his promos are weak, he can't talk very well and he's not a believable champion. He's probably top 3 overall wrestler they have, though.

Personally, I think Ziggler is a better overall talent.

Kayfabe wise, however, I can see Bryan beating Batista and even Kane believably because Batista is old and out of ring shape and Kane is old and near the end of his career too, but no way would DB be able to beat Brock in a fight.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Everybody likes a good underdog story, especially in wrestling. He came, was held back, overcame and became champion. His story line is over. He will loose and be on the list of World Champions that is a mile long now and he'll be mid-carding soon.

Fordman

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm not.

But when you book your champion in a mid-card fued right after winning the title it's bound to happen.

It's the bookers fault. Not Bryan's.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Brock is going to come back and get his title shot.

Long term, they booked Bryan in a bad spot by bringing Batista back, having Brock end the streak, Randy Orton being involved and still underutilized and underappreciated, and unifying the titles... all these will contribute to Bryan being out of the picture in a few months.

The most sense is for Brock to win the strap. You can't have him end the streak then get beaten by puny Daniel Bryan. It would make Lesnar look weak. Even though he's a part timer, they could figure out an angle to get him on a few ppvs in a row where he defends

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Brock is going to come back and get his title shot.

Long term, they booked Bryan in a bad spot by bringing Batista back, having Brock end the streak, Randy Orton being involved and still underutilized and underappreciated, and unifying the titles... all these will contribute to Bryan being out of the picture in a few months.

The most sense is for Brock to win the strap. You can't have him end the streak then get beaten by puny Daniel Bryan. It would make Lesnar look weak. Even though he's a part timer, they could figure out an angle to get him on a few ppvs in a row where he defends

They waited too long to put the strap on Bryan. The fans wanted it for months and months, and he was so hot, but they waited too long. They should have done it months ago when he was even more white hot.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
They waited too long to put the strap on Bryan. The fans wanted it for months and months, and he was so hot, but they waited too long. They should have done it months ago when he was even more white hot.

I agree.

He should have won it last year between Summerslam and Rumble.

People are gonna say that was WWE's plan all along, to write him into this long ass underdog story where he finally defeats Goliath.

I call bullXXXX. They were gonna have him join the Wyatts until they got cold feet and rewrote the angle a week later.

If Punk hadn't left, Bryan would not have gotten the belt.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Putting him against kane was not a good idea.

A new hot champ vs a semi retired suit who has been a mid carder? Really?

And after last night, it's just more ridiculous. They fought, Bryan won, the end. Who's next?

And can someone tell his wife to shut up with all the screaming?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The only way Bryan defeats Lesnar is if Bryan hits him over the head with something and knocks him out.

Then maybe it would be cool to see Lesnar in a viginette where he has some sort of amnesia type problem from being knocked in the head, then he shows up to late to RAW. Since he didnt make his scheduled appearance, HHH and Stephanie issue a suspension for a while as we see Heyman just go nuts. That would be a way to keep Bryan with the title for some time as Lesnar vs Bryan isnt really a contest!

Fordman

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Having him come outta WM and get in a feud w/Kane is asinine. WWE is purposely trying to bury him and will say, "See, this is what you wanted. Now looks what happens when, YOU, the fans, get what you crave and want". Get him in a feud w/Dolph and get Bre outta the storyline as well. We know they're married. Who cares. He can be golden on the mic when he is given time and isn't pandering to the fans. What would REALLY be good for business is if he revealed that he was with the Authority all along, knowing that the fans could only carry him so far and that his in ring ability trumps anyone in the business today.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Having him come outta WM and get in a feud w/Kane is asinine. WWE is purposely trying to bury him and will say, "See, this is what you wanted. Now looks what happens when, YOU, the fans, get what you crave and want". Get him in a feud w/Dolph and get Bre outta the storyline as well. We know they're married. Who cares. He can be golden on the mic when he is given time and isn't pandering to the fans. What would REALLY be good for business is if he revealed that he was with the Authority all along, knowing that the fans could only carry him so far and that his in ring ability trumps anyone in the business today.

I thought it would have been awesome for him to be with Authority!

Would have opened up so many more doors for angles

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

Same thing happened with Zack Ryder.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm still a fan but I agree with what others are saying about the Kane feud. Like I told my fiancee, it's the dumbest feud they could've put him in. It really makes no sense other than to kill his momentum and bury him. They were originally going to have him work with Batista after this PPV and got cold feet on that as well and decided to stick with Kane for another PPV instead. Really? For what purpose? After the next PPV when Bryan retains his title again Kane will go back to being the Director of Operations, wearing a suit, wrestling almost never and Daniel Bryan's momentum will be shot and they'll convince themselves they need to take the title off of him. That's definitely great for business.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Bryan isn't a believable champ

To a degree, Punk wasn't either.

Punk got over by having amazing matches and dropping some of the best promos in years. His natural arrogance gave him an advantage. Bryan doesn't have that. Bryan can't cut a promo that has the energy and grabs your attention like Punk could.

Punk and Bryan are too small.

It's insulting to a degree for WWE to have Bryan beat these guys that we know he could never beat in a real fight.

The underdog story only stays relevant for so long.

Lesnar would legit break Bryan in half Bane-style.

Bryan isnt built like Benoit was and doesn't have that natural aggression that Benoit had in the ring.

Bryan would be awesome as the Light Heavyweight champ if that title was still active.

Latest posts