Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Angry Twins Fan Flips Off Kid For Not Throwing Back David Ortiz Home Run Ball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/15/an...-not-throwing-back-david-ortiz-home-run-ball/

"David Ortiz hit his 441st and 442nd career home run Wednesday at Target Field in Minneapolis. One of them wound up in the hands of a young fan. For some reason an adult woman (with adult beverage in hand) got very VERY upset the kid didn’t want to throw a souvenir back onto the playing surface. Adult langauge and adult gestures were exchanged. Fortunately (or unfortunately for human society) cameras caught the incident.

Again it makes you wonder, what is it about a souvenir baseball that draws out our baser instincts?

It’s just a damn baseball."

raulbarrera

May 15, 2014
I bet if she caught the dam ball she wouldn't be so quick to throw it back. How do you rationalize arguing with a child.

You are in control of only one thing and that is yourself.

Sent from my Neighbors Computer using a screwdriver to get in his house through the back door

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That drunk lady is a piece of garbage for acting like that to a child.
You can see the usher walking up to her. Hopefully he threw her out of the game.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
And really, the guy was a Twin and left for bargain basement cash, the Twins let him go, makes even less sense. Not only is that a souvenir, if the kid or his parent(s) have any business acumen they can sell that thing. He just passed Jim Rice on the all time Red Sox list, I'm sure it would sell for a hefty price. Moronic, and agree with the Cubs thing on that. Copying it is lame lame lame.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
And really, the guy was a Twin and left for bargain basement cash, the Twins let him go, makes even less sense. Not only is that a souvenir, if the kid or his parent(s) have any business acumen they can sell that thing. He just passed Jim Rice on the all time Red Sox list, I'm sure it would sell for a hefty price. Moronic, and agree with the Cubs thing on that. Copying it is lame lame lame.

In fairness to Twins management, no one else was very interested in the services of David Ortiz at that time.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
In fairness to Twins management, no one else was very interested in the services of David Ortiz at that time.

Right, of course, just saying as a fan I would be apt to keep the ball of a homegrown guy who management didn't foresee would be a great player (despite how many teams passed on him and the Sox actually started Jeremy Giambi over him) than throw it back even if I was smashed. But I also don't get how fans at Fenway boo Johnny Damon when the Yanks gave him something like $12 Mil more than the Sox were going to, the guy hit a granny in game 7 for goodness sakes! So what do I know.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Correction: There are dicks everywhere. It doesn't matter where you are from, there are people who do not know how to conduct themselves.

I grew up Minnesota, so I know that "Minnesota Nice" is a truism. The "dick" percentage in Minnesota is lower than most places. When I first moved to Philly I was shocked at the service I would get in stores. In some places it was like I was bothering them by spending my money in their store!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I grew up Minnesota, so I know that "Minnesota Nice" is a truism. The "dick" percentage in Minnesota is lower than most places. When I first moved to Philly I was shocked at the service I would get in stores. In some places it was like I was bothering them by spending my money in their store!

Most people from the Twin Cities need to be shot where they stand. Most, not all. They come up here thinking they run our XXXX because they drop a couple hundred in town over a weekend. A drop in the ocean. Take your North Face, Lexus, tracksuit wearing asses back to Eden Prairie or Wayzata and stay there ! :p

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Had that been my daughter, and some drunk piece of trash did and said that to her, would've smacked her.

But I would be the one in jail. Hopefully that usher threw her ass out

Members online