Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the problem with the selling forums?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
The other problem I have is the PM's and responses. People will post or send a message asking for a lot price and then they don't respond ever or it takes forever. It pops up on the screen and says you have a message, if you ask for a price you should be able to respond immediately or within an hour or so. I have people not respond for 48 hours and expect to still have the same offer sitting there.

Its the most annoying part of trying to sell here IMO.

I would agree with this.I have PM'd too many to count asking for if collector X has something I need, and then I never hear from then again.Does no one else get the "you have a new PM" pop up box when you log in anymore?Or they message back "I'll see what I have", and then I never hear from then again.<shrug>

Yes, it does seem like transactions board is dominated by prospects.I've slowly lost interest in prospects other than the ones that play for my team.I don't even rip boxes of Bowman Draft anymore.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I would love to buy more cards here, but here are my issues...

- Terrible descriptions!! I do not want to look at every "Look at this steal!!" thread. Tell me what card you are selling in the description.

- NO LISTS! NO PICS! NO PRICES! I won't even bother.

- I am not a prospector. I only have PC stuff. I want to pay the lowest price possible. Not because I want to flip, but because it helps my dollars go further.

- Very low diversification of available cards. I want Josh Hamilton, Michael Young, and HOFer autos. Those are not items listed too often and when they are I have to search like crazy to find them or I stumble upon them accidentally. I'd rather just search eBay or COMC.

That's a lot of things to fix and I do not know if it can be done.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I used to sell a lot here. Im completely fed up though. I give HUGE deals and people keep asking for even lower. Nor worth my time anymore.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I had a 2011 BC Springer Auto I had listed here for 2 full days at 70. Didn't get any action. Sold it at auction for 105 yesterday.

No one on this forum is going to buy high. That is your problem. $70 is a nice price on a Springer Auto, but this isn't the place to try to sell the hot card of the young guy who just got the call up or top prospect who is mashing. That is what eBay is for. That is were are the buy on hype buyers are.

I buy on here occasionally, but not as much as I used to. Most of the stuff for sale is over market price, not relevant to what I am looking for, or in a long list that I don't want to search through.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
No one on this forum is going to buy high. That is your problem. $70 is a nice price on a Springer Auto, but this isn't the place to try to sell the hot card of the young guy who just got the call up or top prospect who is mashing. That is what eBay is for. That is were are the buy on hype buyers are.

I buy on here occasionally, but not as much as I used to. Most of the stuff for sale is over market price, not relevant to what I am looking for, or in a long list that I don't want to search through.

Did you read my post? I offered it for 70 here and had no bites. Not even an offer. It sold for 105 on the bay. How is that selling high? I offered it here way below market. I had it here before he exploded.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
The other problem I have is the PM's and responses. People will post or send a message asking for a lot price and then they don't respond ever or it takes forever. It pops up on the screen and says you have a message, if you ask for a price you should be able to respond immediately or within an hour or so. I have people not respond for 48 hours and expect to still have the same offer sitting there.

Its the most annoying part of trying to sell here IMO.

You did this to me awhile back. Asked me for a lot price, and never replied to me. I even offered to send you a Gardner jumbo relic as am addition to the lot, free.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Just an observation. We have a 3 page thread with people typing out long responses to why there are little transactions going on.

People are more interested in talking/arguing on here than actually visiting the transaction page and looking.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
The hey I'm looking for this. Respond I so happen to have this.
Pm'd with offer.
Respond ok and even put in pp account info.

Then crickets and even more crickets.
So it becomes a waste of time.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Most sellers horribly over value their cards here and shoot for over ebay value
second most wanna move cards that are not relevant.
i check the boards daily and still buy plenty here.
Traffic is also an issue

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
You did this to me awhile back. Asked me for a lot price, and never replied to me. I even offered to send you a Gardner jumbo relic as am addition to the lot, free.

Yeah. I'll admit (as I think most will) that I've not responded before. Such is life though. Never remembered you saying I could have the Gardner for free though.

It seems like there just might not be enough people on this site to successfully sell. I listed a thread elsewhere with over 80 MISC Autos from 2012-2014 and sold the entire thread (individually, not to one person) in 24 hours.

That would never happen here.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
Most sellers horribly over value their cards here and shoot for over ebay value
second most wanna move cards that are not relevant.
i check the boards daily and still buy plenty here.
Traffic is also an issue

I guess I just don't see that over pricing issue as much as all you guys. Seems like a thread here or there but doesn't seem to be something happening all the time.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I list cards at eBay price, dlvd. I'm always willing to negotiate, but I'm not willing to take a 20% loss to appease a seller. I'm better off putting it on eBay and taking the 10% loss.

Sometimes I don't look stuff up, when I list it. In those situations I always note that I didn't check eBay, so not sure how accurate the price is and willing to negotiate.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Did you read my post? I offered it for 70 here and had no bites. Not even an offer. It sold for 105 on the bay. How is that selling high? I offered it here way below market. I had it here before he exploded.

Did you read mine? I didn't say you were selling high, I said buy high. Like the stock market you buy low sell high. You are never going to have any luck selling prospect autos at the height of their hype on this forum.

As I stated in my post that it appears you didn't read, $70 is a nice price on the Springer auto. Never said anything about you and high sell prices.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
People like to sell prospects during the season, but this board is "smarter" than the general public, in that most people here understand that for the most part buying should occur during the offseason. So when people want to sell on here, buyers don't want to buy, and when people are ready to buy, most sellers here know it's probably not the best time to sell

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
People like to sell prospects during the season, but this board is "smarter" than the general public, in that most people here understand that for the most part buying should occur during the offseason. So when people want to sell on here, buyers don't want to buy, and when people are ready to buy, most sellers here know it's probably not the best time to sell

Yes, yes.

Members online