Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone a Manny Machado fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Maybe 4 (which is why Machado likely is appealing)... if one of the 5 games was for the Derek Norris part of the situation.

Seeing the highlight of Norris getting whacked with a backswing Tuesday night, I"m beginning to think it wasn't Machado being intentional to hit Norris with his backswings but rather Norris crouches too far up in the catchers box. That clip from Tuesday night should help Machado's cause for suspension reduction if his backswings were factored into the suspension length rather than just the bat throw and tag overreaction.
I might buy your argument if I knew that Norris has a history of being hit by backswings. I truly don't know if he does or not. Also, I'm still bothered by the fact that in neither instance did Machado acknowledge hitting him, didn't ask him if he was okay, and smirked when Norris was leaving the game.

All this over being allegedly tagged too hard on Friday night. Seriously? He's trying to avoid the tag, backpeddling all the while, and lost his balance in the process of being tagged in the chest.

I still feel the suspension was too light.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Yeah, just saw all this for the first time. Didn't even seem like Donalson tagged him hard. Almost appeared Machado was back peddling to avoid the tag, stumbled, and fell. Probably felt stupid so he decided to go all beast mode on Donaldson who really did nothing.

Yeah it seemed extremely silly for machado to act that way on the tag. It really looked like he lost his balance, was falling, and then Donaldson tagged him which made him fall a bit quicker. How can someone get mad at that ? Lol. Donaldson looked so confused when machado started getting pissed

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
First off, I have been a fan of machado for a bit, and I HATED this, just hated it! Let me ask something, why did Buck let this escalate? Why was Manny even still in the lineup? Why wasn't he talked to after his childish BS on Friday? Get the damn kid out of the game, sit him for a couple of days, and teach him a damn lesson. I am not trying to blame buck, but he could have been part of the solution. Instead I feel like he was an enabler. ***Note, Buck is one of my favorite, if not overall favorite manager in baseball so it pains me to say that.

+1. I agree with everything you wrote here.

Members online

Latest posts