Thread: Anyone a Manny Machado fan?

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone a Manny Machado fan?

You shouldn't be. I feel like I'm watching Yasiel Puig 24/7. Intentionally throwing a bat on a swing. Probably the most bush-league stunt I've ever seen.

Probably one of the most talented players in baseball and the most disappointing for sure.

Biggest Orioles fan you'll ever see here. I preface with that b/c Manny Machado needs to GROW up quickly. And I've been seeing this "act" all year. Whether its not hustling or using his mouth when he shouldn't be (to an umpire or an opponent). That crap he pulled against Donaldson Friday night was just embarrassing. He was completely in the wrong there and acted like a 3rd grader.

I supposed b/c of his magical year last year, he feels he's in. Well, he's only 21 and can easily be demoted if he doesn't shapen up. I've seen him argue calls that I can't believe an umpire hasn't tossed him for yet. There's nothing wrong with questioning an umpires call...but there's a way to do it. He needs to be ejected once or twice, IMO. Put him in his place.

Markakis, AJ, Davis, Wieters...anybody...they need to take him out to dinner and talk this out. It's getting WAY out of hand.

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Machado is a classy guy

Having a hissy fit for being tagged out earlier in the series. "Tossing" a bat, hoping to hit the pitcher today after a brushback pitch. He also hit the catcher twice on his backswing and didn't ask if he was OK. With the smirk that he had afterwards I wonder how accidental that was....
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
    I supposed b/c of his magical year last year, he feels he's in.
    It was actually a magical half-year. He was terrible in the second half.

In 2013 before the All-Star break, he hit .310 and an incredible record-pace 39 doubles.
    Post All-Star break, .240 with 12 doubles.
    And this season, he has only 4 doubles.

And Markakis, it's great to see you calling out your team's player for playing and acting poorly.
    There are too many annoying homers on this board who act like every one of their players can do no wrong.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much time hanging out with A-Rod, oh, and the roids probably don't help either.

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope to god someone puts a 99 MPH fastball between his eyes. One of the most classless *****es that is in the game today. I really hope he gets his ****ing world rocked.

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Die-Hard Orioles fan. Love Machado but what he pulled this weekend was wrong. What's worse, the ballpark was packed with Little Leaguers today who probably know more about sportsmanship than this prima donna act.

dodgergeo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I haven't been paying much attention this year. I found a lot of things to like about this kid last year. Terrible display this weekend, though. He's got some issues that need sorting out.

Comparing him him to Puig, though? Why? Puig has never shown any kind of violent tendencies. You may not like his flamboyance, or his bone-headed throwing and base running mistakes, but he's never done anything close to the crap that Manny pulled.

Edit: after a re-read I'm sure you weren't saying Machado's antics were Puig-like. I'm guessing he's been immature this season? Not sure why else his name got dragged into Machado's thuggery.
    Last edited by TNP777; 06-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't have eaten that popcorn

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishDave View Post
    I hope to god someone puts a 99 MPH fastball between his eyes. One of the most classless *****es that is in the game today. I really hope he gets his ****ing world rocked.
    Well this is obviously taking it way too far. But a 99 MPH fastball in the ribs would suffice for sure. No one deserves it in the head, even ARod.

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
    Guess I haven't been paying much attention this year. I found a lot of things to like about this kid last year. Terrible display this weekend, though. He's got some issues that need sorting out.

Comparing him him to Puig, though? Why? Puig has never shown any kind of violent tendencies. You may not like his flamboyance, or his bone-headed throwing and base running mistakes, but he's never done anything close to the crap that Manny pulled.

Edit: after a re-read I'm sure you weren't saying Machado's antics were Puig-like. I'm guessing he's been immature this season? Not sure why else his name got dragged into Machado's thuggery.
    Probably should have clarified a bit. Puig has NOT displayed any similar actions as Machado did this weekend. But they are both primadonnas...pure and simple. Let's put it this way, it would not surprise me if Puig pulled a similar stunt as what Manny did today. But Puig's actions are front and center of any sport show almost every day. You can't deny that. It's tiresome.

They are two of the most talented ballplayers in the game today the most immature. I hope for the game's sake (and with Machado the Orioles sake ) that they grow up and we don't have two more Manny Ramirez and Alex Rodriguez.
    Last edited by markakis8; 06-08-2014 at 06:45 PM.

dodgergeo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I think about it, the more I'm troubled by his behavior. Zero remorse or concern after hitting Norris on the backswing, not once, but twice. Norris has to leave the game. Then the thrown bat. Had his aim been true, he could have really hurt Abad. If that had happened, I think it would have been easy to prove intent and possibly prosecute. That bat was thrown after the ball was in the catcher's mitt and with considerable force. Then he proceeds to lip off. O's management needs to get some good people next to this kid, stat.

Nice kick save by the 3rd base ump, btw.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A-Rod + Ortiz = Machado.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is a POS move for sure!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
    I supposed b/c of his magical year last year, he feels he's in. Well, he's only 21 and can easily be demoted if he doesn't shapen up.
    There are usually two problems with "established" major leaguers. Teams usually don't have options to send someone to the minors (Machado may or may not be one of those) and usually teams don't like to send million dollar players to the minors because you don't want to be paying minor leaguers that much, but I see that Machado is only making about $500,000 this season so the Orioles wouldn't be eating that much salary to demote him if he has options left.

I wish the MLBPA was weak enough that you could pay every major leaguer a 500,000 base salary and then add bonsues based on stats, and remove the options rules, such that any major leaguer no matter how green or veteran can be sent to the minors as discipline for behavior and don't get quickly tenured that there isn't much you can do about a problem athlete other than bench or release.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The bat toss was outside of the third base line. He was likely going for Donaldson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast