Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collector's Corner Showcase, Volume 14: gracecollector (Don Zimmer Tribute)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've been wondering for a decade now about who else might have hunted down the All-Time Fan Favorites 2003 buybacks. For reasons I don't remember, this was the set that got me back into collecting for a while and I started chasing down the entire set including the Zimmer autos. I think I managed to find and procure about 10 of them. I'm going to have to go pull those out now just to see what I have.

As an aside, the piece was a great read just on collecting in general. So thanks for the insight.

Thanks for the kind words. I would LOVE to see your Zimmer AutoProofs if you have them. I'd really love to tempt you to sell or trade them! Those are tough finds.

Since this collector spotlight was posted a year and half ago, I've hit 100% completion of Zimmer's vintage cards (1952-2000), and added many interesting memorabilia items and photos. Still many modern cards to keep searching for. My main wants now are a full 1964 Bazooka Stamps Panel #2 and an uncut 1962 Post Cereal box panel, but those are pricey items. My main score in the last year was finding an eBay listing of Post cards that included a rare 1962 Jello card of Zimmer but wasn't identified, so I got a beautiful example of it plus 30 more Post cards for $25 (The Zimmer is worth $100-$150 alone).

62JELLO2.jpg

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I had to dig up this thread to find some info about the 2003 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Auto Proof Buybacks, and noticed it was almost 5 years ago it first appeared. For kicks, here are a couple updates in that time:

1) I've found 3 more of the 2003 Auto-Proofs (one just this morning), bringing my total to 5. Really tough to find these!

03TOPPSATFF59TOPPS17.jpg
03TOPPSATFF1960AUTOPROOF14.jpg
03TOPPSATFF61BUYBACK.jpg
03TOPPSATFF64BUYBACK.jpg
s-l250.jpg

2) 1949 Hornell Dodgers Team Postcard - earliest professional baseball image of Zimmer

zim50RPPCHORNELL.jpg

3) 1958 Dodgers Glass Tumbler Premium

1958dodgersglass.jpg

4) 1962 Post Cereal Uncut Box Back Panel

62POSTPANEL12OZPOSTTOASTIES.jpg

5) 1962 Salada Tea Coin still in original wrapper

62SALADAMETSWRAPPER.jpg
62SALADAMETSWRAPPERB.jpg

6) 2006 Smithfield Pork Tradeshow Giveaway Card - only one I have ever seen, given away at a Pork Producers Tradeshow, where Zimmer signed autographs

06SMITHFIELD.jpg

Members online