Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tony Gwynn...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Passed away from cancer...great player...person, and ambassador to the game...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Nothing but excellent things to say about the man as each and every time the PAdres came through Chicago he was a class act. I knew he was sick but had no clue it was this bad. The baseball world has lost a good man today.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I am in shock! I didn't think he was this bad. He was ALWAYS underrated and underappreciated. I am glad to watch him growing up as a kid in the Gwynn, Mattingly, Boggs and Puckett (RIP) era of great hitters.....RIP to a true great ambassador of the game.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Great player and even better man off the field.

tonygwynnball.jpg

I met him twice at card shows. Once he signed a ball for a guy, he didn't feel his signature looked good on the ball, he had promoter grab a new ball and signed again plus gave him the first ball.

Fordman

Sell me your Jay Bruce cards!

Last edited:

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I very much loved his playing style and personality off the field. Even after he retired I have many fond memories of watching him tell great stories on TV while doing in-game analysis. I used to do an imitation of Gwynn with my brother that would start out with "Me, Mark and Sammy..."

R.I.P. Tony

Members online

Latest posts