Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RAW thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Is it me or the recent (2-3 years) of wrestling has been very questionable with storylines?
Granted CM Punk leaving was unforeseen and Batista bombing was I'll give them that - an honest mistake
But the storylines are just awful - no direction, no purpose and very questionable direction

Is it the lack of talent or lack of good Creative team?

I think theyve actually improved since HHH has been given more power and is slowly taking over. He is the one behind NXT, behind the Shield, The Wyatts, Bo Dallas, etc.

Remember from about 2007-2011? Yeah, neither do most people because those years were so forgettable.

That said, from what i've read, Vince still has final say and often reverses booking decisions on the day of the show.

Yeah, Stardust might be stupid and a ripoff of Goldust, but i've come to realize that wrestling still should have some stupid gimmicks and this one definitely qualifies. I mean, it's eventually going to lead to Cody turning on Goldust because he created a Goldust-esque character that was better than the real thing. Or, Goldust turning on Cody because Cody ripped him off and became more popular.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I think theyve actually improved since HHH has been given more power and is slowly taking over. He is the one behind NXT, behind the Shield, The Wyatts, Bo Dallas, etc.

Remember from about 2007-2011? Yeah, neither do most people because those years were so forgettable.

That said, from what i've read, Vince still has final say and often reverses booking decisions on the day of the show.

Yeah, Stardust might be stupid and a ripoff of Goldust, but i've come to realize that wrestling still should have some stupid gimmicks and this one definitely qualifies. I mean, it's eventually going to lead to Cody turning on Goldust because he created a Goldust-esque character that was better than the real thing. Or, Goldust turning on Cody because Cody ripped him off and became more popular.

I agree since HHH started working with NXT things have been getting a lot better. They still bring in top independant guys but least they can send them to development and get them ready for the big stage.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
That's why Reigns needs to win the belt.

Shake things up instead of cena and Orton.....again!

But I still think it'll come down between cesaro and reigns with Cesaro winning considering heyman bombed with axel.

Then a feud between the two ending eventually in a three way with a returning YES! YES!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I would imagine if Cesaro won that he would face Lesnar for the title but who knows what will happen since D.B. is on the shelf. They will have to put him back in the title picture somehow.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
That's why Reigns needs to win the belt.

Shake things up instead of cena and Orton.....again!

But I still think it'll come down between cesaro and reigns with Cesaro winning considering heyman bombed with axel.

Then a feud between the two ending eventually in a three way with a returning YES! YES!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

The coolest storyline dynamic (IMO) would be to have Reigns win the Championship and Ambrose win the MIB Contract match.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The coolest storyline dynamic (IMO) would be to have Reigns win the Championship and Ambrose win the MIB Contract match.

That would be awesome but more likely it would be Seth winning

It's either gonna be Cesaro or Cena that wins the straps and I'm 100% sure Rollins will win the contract.

Reigns is gonna feud with HHH at Summerslam.

Cesaro or Cena will face Lesnar who should destroy either one and become the champ. Then, he should only defend it once a month at a ppv. After the way he's been booked, he shouldn't even show up to anything besides the ppv

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013

But the ratings haven't supported that

I completely understand your argument with the shield and Wyatt family

But what they doing with Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry Rusev - boring already, ADR, Sheamus etc etc etc

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
And when Rhodes scholars broke up - Sandow stole the MITB from Cody and he stole it back and that was it
I dot remember them figuring each other or anything

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
But the ratings haven't supported that

I completely understand your argument with the shield and Wyatt family

But what they doing with Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry Rusev - boring already, ADR, Sheamus etc etc etc

Definitely agree, they have destroyed guys like Sandow and Ziggler's credibility. I have to imagine Sandow is in the dog house for something. If what they said about Ziggler is true, that he's too concussion prone, then I can sort of understand their hesitation in putting him in a prominent role.

What hurt guys like Sheamus, Rusev, Sandow, Ziggler, etc, is combining the straps. Rusev would be a perfect guy to hold the WHC championship while Reigns/Cena/Bryan has the WWE championship.

I said this when they unified them last year, that a lot of upper-mid card guys would suffer because they did such a piss poor job of giving the other titles any meaning.

US Champ - who cares? Such a missed opportunity with Swagger
IC Champ - hasn't been relevent since Warrior v Hogan
Tag Champs - Jerishow or Hell No, anyone?

Members online

Latest posts