Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mo Vaughn Collectors???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
As a lot of you know, I'm a huge Griffey fan. But growing up, I was also drawn to Mo Vaughn. His cards tend to be much easier on the wallet, which allows me to get a lot of his rarer/tougher stuff without breaking the bank.

Any other Mo Vaughn fans out there? Post your favorites.

Any rare Mo Vaughn cards out there for trade? Post them too!

Here is a recent pickup of mine.
MoVaughnSuperRave.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Vaughn was a god when I was younger! Back when Beckett actually meant something, he was a guy that you could go into a card shop (at least in RI) and sell your Mos for what they booked for. I pulled his Gold Proof from a box of 1996 Leaf Preferred (the ones with the metal cards), went for around $40 at the time! These days, I find his 90's inserts in dime boxes all over. If I still collected him I'd have a damn fine collection, nothing too rare but plenty of obnoxiously hard to find ones.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
VaughnGrandFinale.jpg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I don't collect Mo but have stumbled upon a few rare cards of his. I have these 98s available:

quantum leap /50
precious metals /50 [unnumbered] bgs 9.5

They're all on ebay so it's easiest to see images there. I also just sold a 97 precious metals /100. I have one more in my set but haven't quite decided to break it up yet.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I also have a Mo Vaughn Quantum Leap /50. Picked it up on ebay about 6 months ago for starting bid .99! Not a Vaughn collector but I'll take steals like that all day.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I love the Hit Dog! I loved watching him while I was growing up.
Sadly there really isn't too much in the way of game used or autos of his, especially as a Red Sox.
moau.jpg

vaughn001.jpg

vaughn.jpg

Last edited:

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
GREAT cards. Are you a collector/fan or do you just happen to have these? Any chance that 97 finest gold would want to find a new home?

Thanks! Just always been a fan, especially when he steamrolled Jorge Bell for charging a pitcher.

There's pretty much no chance of the bolded. Up until about 6 months ago, that was #3 on my most wanted list.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Listed most of my Mo Vaughns on eBay if anyone is interested. Just search Mo Vaughn grand finale and check other items

Members online

Latest posts