Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guilty or innocent breaker? Big thread on Blowout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I signed up on Sunday and still can't post. i GOT THE EMAIL TO SIGN ON, BUT i can't do anything but look. I'm ready to move on. Does it take that long to activate my account?

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
Looks like he tired to pocket the redemption. He grabbed the top card (the landscape-oriented relic/auto card) in such a manner that the redemption would go with it.

You can see the redemption clear as day when the pack is first opened, and even when he's showing the top card to the camera. I've never in my life seen a redemption "stick" to the back of another card (especially something like Inception, they are not prone to stick together like other releases).

Either a scammer or a complete idiot. Either way he should be out of business.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
It's hard to say whether it was intentional or not. I tend to think it was a mistake, but we may never know for sure.

Bottom line is: it was either dishonesty or negligence, both things I do not like in a breaker.

In a flodded market where we have so many choices I can see how this will hurt his business. He doesn't provide anything better/different than any other breaker. If people have choices, they may walk away to be safe.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
He replied on the vid that it was an Abreu redemption and emailed the customer. Is that true ? We'll never know.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
mrmopar, yes it takes a while to get signed up. I created an account a few months ago and it took 4-5 days to be allowed to do anything.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow. Just amazed at people who do these types of breaks. I mean that was pretty clear to me, not sure what there is to argue about. I mean I don't need to read the 11 pages on BO of probably 1,000 comments... I mean he brushed over it and you'll NEVER know if he did it on purpose or not. As someone already said, it was commented back on the video that he missed it and admitted it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I think people are rushing to judgement.

There's no SOLID evidence that he tried to sneak it off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the redemption card thin unlike the thick auto card?

If so, then both cards could be grabbed without noticing it. Now if the redemption is thick like the autos, that's different. You are going to notice that.

Should he have noticed the lack of a fifth auto? Obviously yes but again, no solid proof he didn't have a brain freeze, especially after opening box after box after box.

Maybe he was thinking about something and just "going through the motions" of opening ANOTHER pack.

Look, I'm not saying he didn't goof...big.
But it seems like nearly everyone assumes he is a scammer with no solid proof to back it up.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
There's no way the redemption underneath would "stick" to the card. Too many people giving benefit of the doubt. When a guy like this is doing breaks, there's no way he missed the light redemption underneath.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There's no way the redemption underneath would "stick" to the card. Too many people giving benefit of the doubt. When a guy like this is doing breaks, there's no way he missed the light redemption underneath.

I have to agree with this. He is a "professional" and I have no clue how it could slip past him.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I have done dozens of breaks with Sam and have watched HUNDREDS of his breaks live or on YouTube, this was a mistake 100.0000% in my opinion. I have never seen him take anything off camera, he shows the empty boxes on super high end products where it's just a few loose cards in a small inner box with lid and is overall a super honest breaker with a dedicated following of regular customers. He breaks slowly & chats with the viewers non-stop, all above board. I would guess he is easily a top 5 (box/case volume) Group Breaker, Google lists him 2nd only behind Mojo.

There is absolutely no upside for him to pocket a redemption card (that he doesn't even know who/what is for) when he is filling 20+ cases a week consistently for over a year. Look at his Twitter or his blog to see all the ridiculous cards & redemptions he pulls nightly. Had it been on purpose, I don't know why he'd upload the video to YouTube for all to see.

But I don't expect my opinion to sway anyone on BO and frankly it doesn't matter. Like I said, CSB has a loyal following of nightly viewers & none of them buys this, he's breaking at this very moment with a full house as usual. 27 Bowman Inception cases broke & counting. If 10 pages of Blowout posters find him guilty, whatever, their drama affects nothing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, this one is just mine

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Because he came out and said Abreu auto and not some scrub I'm inclined to believe him. Breakers should keep an eye out though.

I'm actually inclined to think the opposite, since he maybe figured that a scrub was a "victimless" crime, but Abreu was grand larceny. And either guilt or shame made him fess up.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
A mistake is 2 cards sticking together. This is not the case as it was sticking out and then hid behind the other card no doubt. Sorry but this cardsmiths breaks dont pass the smell test whatsoever. Like a magician he straightens out the deck and pulls the top 2 cards off camera. Add that to the fact how much of this has he broken and dont notice a hit is missing?

Yeah dont buy that story.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've always questioned these on camera box breaks since the start and this just adds to my questioning. I've always said, everything needs to be on camera... including putting the cards down! I mean what part of that is so hard? I'm not buying a box or case off anyone worth a significant amount of money and having the chance of funny business like this happening.

Also, it's funny he missed it and it was a mistake, yet multiple people who were watching live on the feed commented right away and saw it! I mean he missed it but everyone watching the video didn't... hmmmmm that's odd to me unless he was closing his eyes when breaking this stuff.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I think he definitely knew. His whole tone changed for the rest of that pack. Started making weird stupid comments about Buxton saying he's all torso and kept talking about the next card for much longer than any other card in the break.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think he definitely knew. His whole tone changed for the rest of that pack. Started making weird stupid comments about Buxton saying he's all torso and kept talking about the next card for much longer than any other card in the break.
And about making rainbows and us all telling him what rainbow he will get or should make...