Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Guilty or innocent breaker? Big thread on Blowout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
A mistake is 2 cards sticking together. This is not the case as it was sticking out and then hid behind the other card no doubt. Sorry but this cardsmiths breaks dont pass the smell test whatsoever. Like a magician he straightens out the deck and pulls the top 2 cards off camera. Add that to the fact how much of this has he broken and dont notice a hit is missing?

Yeah dont buy that story.

Three possibilities here:

1. He does not know how to count to five, in which case he's an idiot and I won't deal with him

2. He is EXTREMELY careless, in which case he's an idiot and I won't deal with him

3. He's a scammer, in which case blah blah blah

Looks like he tried to pull a Houdini in more ways than one

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
It seems like every other card stays on camera for a few seconds, gets tilted a bit, and everyone gets a good look. But on this one it seemed it was taken off camera pretty fast and wasn't tilted at all, which with a game used/auto normally would have been on camera for 5 seconds or so. Tough call.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
For those who are following on BO or have kept up with it on BO, has the breaker got into the conversation over there? Just curious... I'm guess he has and he is being just blood beaten by that board lol

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
For those who are following on BO or have kept up with it on BO, has the breaker got into the conversation over there? Just curious... I'm guess he has and he is being just blood beaten by that board lol

Yes, he responded. He didnt make excuses. He said it was an honest mistake (which I believe). He contacted buyer as soon as it was discovered. He also did say in hindsight it should have been handled better. I think he is an honest guy, however it still doesnt change my perspective stated earlier. If it wasnt dishonesty - it was negligence. We all have plenty other choices.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Kinda off topic, but don't want to make a new thread:
Is it conceivable that a breaker does a break to "post on Youtube", hits a really nice card, and picks another box to record and and uploads it? I don't do these, so I don't know if every one is live.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
For those that think it was an honest mistake (all due respect, not trolling with this question), how do you describe what he did as a "mistake"? It appears there was intent to carefully remove two cards at the same time from the pile on purpose. I don't think you could move two cards by accident. Are you suggesting he accidentally took the two card off at the same time? I just don't see that. It's more of a magician move than anything.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Kinda off topic, but don't want to make a new thread:
Is it conceivable that a breaker does a break to "post on Youtube", hits a really nice card, and picks another box to record and and uploads it? I don't do these, so I don't know if every one is live.

Anything is possible, but any reputable breaking is doing it live on camera on ustream, etc and then records as well...

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
For those that think it was an honest mistake (all due respect, not trolling with this question), how do you describe what he did as a "mistake"? It appears there was intent to carefully remove two cards at the same time from the pile on purpose. I don't think you could move two cards by accident. Are you suggesting he accidentally took the two card off at the same time? I just don't see that. It's more of a magician move than anything.

I believe the cardstock on the actual cards is much thicker than the thin redemption stock. It seems possible that he missed it as he was grabbing for the break between what appeared to be the first & second 'thick' cards.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
For those that think it was an honest mistake (all due respect, not trolling with this question), how do you describe what he did as a "mistake"?.

I think all of us are capable of making mistakes. We are all human, right? I think people have been too quick to call "scammer" and have cooler heads prevail.