User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Cheapest place to buy OMLBs?

  1. #1
    Administrator moxacaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    17,329
     moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cheapest place to buy OMLBs?

    I remember being able to buy these at $10-$12 a pop. i cant seem to find them that cheap anywhere. Anyone know where the cheapest i can get a dozen?

    thanks
    Ken

  2. #2
    Senior Member TGutta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Plymouth, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,067
     tgutta08
     TWasylikJr
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never personally used them, but whenever I see this thread posted people always say this is the cheapest place to find them.

    https://www.andersonkpt.com/
    Collecting Denard Span!
    Non 1/1: 448/565
    Total 1/1's: 61

  3. #3
    Administrator moxacaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    17,329
     moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TGutta View Post
    I have never personally used them, but whenever I see this thread posted people always say this is the cheapest place to find them.

    https://www.andersonkpt.com/
    thanks!!! i knew there was a site that had decent prices.

  4. #4
    Junior Member Bogeysave82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lucked out. They opened a Rawlings outlet by me... Cheapest I found an they even have the commemorative balls as well. See if there's one near you. Yes a long shot but worth a look. Good luck

  5. #5
    Administrator moxacaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    17,329
     moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeysave82 View Post
    I lucked out. They opened a Rawlings outlet by me... Cheapest I found an they even have the commemorative balls as well. See if there's one near you. Yes a long shot but worth a look. Good luck
    what was their price? looks like there is one up near my hometown and im going up there next weekend.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,807
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moxacaine View Post
    thanks!!! i knew there was a site that had decent prices.
    I can recommended them. Great service and the better price I've seen on the web.
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,326
    Mexican autographs: 129/130 and on baseballs 118/130

  7. #7
    Junior Member Tzvih123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Long Island,NY
    Posts
    219
     @HeimoRS
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At some MLB stadiums they sell "offical mlb baseballs" with the team logo on it. Are those good for autos?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,075
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzvih123 View Post
    At some MLB stadiums they sell "offical mlb baseballs" with the team logo on it. Are those good for autos?
    i'll let the experts chime in that have a definite answer, but my gut feeling says no. They are probably made of really cheap or poor hide so it'll affect your autos. Heck, I even found out a week or two ago that minor league official balls that I have are not good for pretty much the same reason (and some of the autos on my balls are starting to prove that).

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,075
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TGutta View Post
    I have never personally used them, but whenever I see this thread posted people always say this is the cheapest place to find them.

    https://www.andersonkpt.com/
    or amazon looks to be better if you set a price alert. I see Anderson KPT wants $14/per right now and shipping is probably $1-2 a ball on top of that. Amazon can be had for $13/per delivered (Prime members) when the price occasionally dips to that level. Amazon is likely about the same or just a tad more cents per ball right now, but it gets to about $13 or less about six times a year, looking over the last year of pricing.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzvih123 View Post
    At some MLB stadiums they sell "offical mlb baseballs" with the team logo on it. Are those good for autos?
    Those are souvenir balls - good for autos if you use Sharpie instead of ballpoint and getting random guys.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,305
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Those are souvenir balls - good for autos if you use Sharpie instead of ballpoint and getting random guys.
    Have you never seen what happens with a sharpie and a fake leather ball with some humidity? The auto bleeds and fades into the fake leather.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,807
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    or amazon looks to be better if you set a price alert. I see Anderson KPT wants $14/per right now and shipping is probably $1-2 a ball on top of that. Amazon can be had for $13/per delivered (Prime members) when the price occasionally dips to that level. Amazon is likely about the same or just a tad more cents per ball right now, but it gets to about $13 or less about six times a year, looking over the last year of pricing.
    The good prices come by the dozen. Last time I bought, they had dozens at $144, so $12 per baseball. This is after the Rawlings price increased this year.
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,326
    Mexican autographs: 129/130 and on baseballs 118/130

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,075
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r2d2 View Post
    The good prices come by the dozen. Last time I bought, they had dozens at $144, so $12 per baseball. This is after the Rawlings price increased this year.
    and about $12-15 per doz for shipping charges? If so, it's about a wash to buy a dozen wtih shipping from Anderson KPT or singles from Amazon on a per-ball price when Amazon hits $13/per dlvd (and Amazon would have it in my hands in 2 days).

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Waconia, MN
    Posts
    144
     dculpepper11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, its a wash at 13 each from amazon, but at 15 like they are now andersonkpt wins hands down if you're going for dozens. Placed my first order with them last week, very happy and will use again.

  15. #15
    Junior Member Bogeysave82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moxacaine View Post
    what was their price? looks like there is one up near my hometown and im going up there next weekend.
    Sorry I just saw this....

    At the Myrtle Beach outlet they were $10.50. The all star balls were $12-$15 depending on year. World Series balls started at $15. Chipper's commemorative ball was $15 riviera's ball was the most expensive $20. The black leather balls were $13.00.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •