Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's the Thome collector going ape on Ebay..... Time to List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
No action on my '98 Zenith Gold Impulse. It may only be /100 but arguably harder to find than any Tek Gold /10.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
At least 3 bidders with $225+ bids , so it was a strong card regardless it seems

Ryan

Yes, it appears that Thome cards are picking up steam with more than one person now... IMO it only takes one hard-core collector to drive prices then it has a carry over effect...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes, it appears that Thome cards are picking up steam with more than one person now... IMO it only takes one hard-core collector to drive prices then it has a carry over effect...

That could have been set collectors on that as well . Exquisite has a following and /10 from then don't pop often. And yes , I agree one guy can change prices in the market. It happened with Clark's for sure

Ryan

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Wow. That's crazy! n**2 didn't waste any time jumping on that. It books for what, $60? The seller has some nice stuff but the Thome card is the only one that has a bid on it.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Wish n***2 was a Jeter collector, I amy be able to make a few bucks, I have searched high and low for some Thome stuff and can'f find anyhting worth crap :)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Wish n***2 was a Jeter collector, I amy be able to make a few bucks, I have searched high and low for some Thome stuff and can'f find anyhting worth crap :)

Ha! *****, you don't need a Thome collector to sell Jeter stuff for insane amounts. That happens on it's own quite often.

arod812

Sep 14, 2008
GR, Michigan
any idea on what i can expect for this?

2004 donruss passing through time gold press proof /25

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

I would try $300. Good chance it goes!

*edit* looking at ended auctions, maybe $150 would be a great price, and realistically $100.

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA

it all depends really, if that person n***2 needs it I could see around 200-225 with a BIN, without him in the equation, 50-75 IMO. He is the guy really pushing hard on these cards from what I see. Nice card though..

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I think these were supposed to be the replacements for the actual masterpiece cards which were stamped 1/1. I could be way off base, but if I were you I would list it on ebay for a high BIN and see what offers you get. I have tried to search for others like it real quick and can't find much on these other than what I just said. You could have a very sweet card there. Again this is just an opinion as I don't know enough about them. Anyone else know anything about them?

I wasn't collecting during the Fleer bankruptcy but are these "Masterpiece" common?

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I think these were supposed to be the replacements for the actual masterpiece cards which were stamped 1/1. I could be way off base, but if I were you I would list it on ebay for a high BIN and see what offers you get. I have tried to search for others like it real quick and can't find much on these other than what I just said. You could have a very sweet card there. Again this is just an opinion as I don't know enough about them. Anyone else know anything about them?

I'm in agreement with you so far. Scooped it up earlier today and being a 90's guy the "Masterpiece" designation caught my eye on the card - otherwise pretty non-descript. Did some digging but just didn't know if these had surfaced for a lot of players with the bankruptcy or perhaps just a few (though searching didn't do much help).

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I'm in agreement with you so far. Scooped it up earlier today and being a 90's guy the "Masterpiece" designation caught my eye on the card - otherwise pretty non-descript. Did some digging but just didn't know if these had surfaced for a lot of players with the bankruptcy or perhaps just a few (though searching didn't do much help).

That was a great pick up IMO... Especially the way Thome stuff is selling right now. Maybe do a little more research to be more confident in what you have, but if it is as you and I think it is, I would list as an eBay 1/1 ;-), high BIN and you may make quite the penny on it.

Let me guess, it was listed for like 2 Bucks. COMC doesn't let you see sale price but i am guessing it went unoticed by the seller? Either way I think you scored, congrats.

Members online

Latest posts