User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolest or most Memorable Home Runs You've Witnessed

mrniceguy1126
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been to many MLB games due to cost, but I did get to see Jeter's 1st grand slam during an interleague game vs the Cubs. The place went nuts. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced.
    eBay: mrniceguy1126 Photobucket:mrniceguy1126
    Looking for 07 USA Victor Sanchez green auto #1/2 and 05 Fleer Patchworks BJ Upton "Property of" die-cut patch cards #/25.
    Current favorite card...

broth6
     yowhatupbroth
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collecting Hank Greenberg
    Greenberg Collection

My blog!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Tell me more, tell me more.......
    I too, am interested!

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCgalaxee View Post
    I don't go to many games but here are my three in no order.

Jeter hr to tie Gehrig for most hits at the stadium

Jeter/ Jeffrey Maier hr

Walk off Bernie Williams hr at that same playoff game
    lol I remember that game, most forgot Bernie hitting a walk off in the 11h ininnig.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Tell me more, tell me more.......
    The last one was weird I knew it wasn't his typical homerun trot as he rounded third-base he started staring up at the media boxes. He slowed down and walking towards home plate as he passed the plate he stomped on it turn slightly looked up at the media box again and started screaming he said a few choice words that I don't think I can repeat on here directed towards Jeff Brantley one of the reds radio broadcasters. Great American ballpark went silent he was pulled into the dugout. A few days later he was traded to the Chicago White Sox. It was a pretty bad situation up in Cincy the Reds as a team shut out the media from the locker room. Brantley was very critical of Griffey. Saying that he was a drain on the team and he should have retired the season before. Junior didn't appreciate that and it boiled over on the field.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeysave82 View Post
    The last one was weird I knew it wasn't his typical homerun trot as he rounded third-base he started staring up at the media boxes. He slowed down and walking towards home plate as he passed the plate he stomped on it turn slightly looked up at the media box again and started screaming he said a few choice words that I don't think I can repeat on here directed towards Jeff Brantley one of the reds radio broadcasters. Great American ballpark went silent he was pulled into the dugout. A few days later he was traded to the Chicago White Sox. It was a pretty bad situation up in Cincy the Reds as a team shut out the media from the locker room. Brantley was very critical of Griffey. Saying that he was a drain on the team and he should have retired the season before. Junior didn't appreciate that and it boiled over on the field.
    I could see Griffey's frustration though. With himself, the team, and the criticism.

I've always thought Griffey was a PED user who broke down early due to use.

He's one of my favorites though. I currently have two pair of Griffey Nike's that I wear every day. Doesn't mean I dislike him, just because I think he used.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the memorable Yankees games I have been to and the one that stands out the most for me was not even a Yankee. I was in the highest seats I have ever sat in and this ball sailed over my head. Even though I am not a fan of this guy I will never forget this home run!

Here is another game I was at that the Home Run turned out not to be a Home Run in the umps eyes. I stole the details from the Internet but I just remember the free socks covering the field.

Chris Jones was a very good clutch pinch hitter in the mold of Matt Franco and Lenny Harris. Was a decent fourth outfielder too. A very distinct memory I have of Chris was a game against the Giants I went too when it was "Free Sock Day" at Shea The Mets were trailing by two runs in the bottom of the nintth..two runners were on base with two outs..now this was around the time where it seemed like Jones would get a homer each time he pinch it..and sure enough, he hit one just inside the right field foul pole that wouldve gave the Mets a dramatic one -run win..except for the fact that the first base umpire incorrectly ruled it foul..Jones then promptly struck out his next at bat..everyone was so mad at being robbed of a victory taht they started throwing their free socks on the field!
    Last edited by Yanks2151; 07-13-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was in right field.

JayBruceFan32
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcz View Post
    I too, am interested!

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    When Griffey Jr came to town, all was right with the world. When he got hurt, the media lambasted him for the injury and the Reds for paying him a bunch of money. The local Reds flagship radio station at that time went from kissing the Reds and Griffey's butt to one slam and blame after another. They blamed Griffey for his high salary for tying the teams hands because they couldnt go out and get another player. The local TV sports guys did the same thing as most where also affiliated or worked for the radio station in some capacity. The local papers had two beat writers, one for the Reds and one for Griffey. They were brutal with both. Although some of what they wrote and broadcast was true, they didnt know when to stop. The TV, Radio and newspaper guys didnt just beat up on the Reds & Griffey, but Carson Palmer and the Bengals as well.

Now, the TV, radio and newspaper guys all have to have special clearance to be near the locker room, they now have a media room for interviews. If a certain player doesnt want to talk to the media, the guy asking the questions has to leave or have his pass revoked.

Something similar happened last year between a newspaper guy and Brandon Phillips. The Reds basically told the newspaper itself that if the reporter doesnt stop his attack on BP, they'll yank the papers passes for 10 years.

Fordman

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On 4/22/2007 the Red Sox hit 4 HR in a row against the Yankees. I was sitting on the first base line just under the 2nd tier. If the stadium didn't fall that night, I don't think it ever will
    Downsizing my AJ collection. If you are looking for a specific card (non-multi player), PM me, I may have it.

dodgergeo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Bonds hit #500 . >:\

Senior Member U L Washington Rookie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not historically memorable, but I'm sure the guys who hit them won't forget:

In 2004 I saw Twins player Terry Tiffee's first career homer, a walk-off in the 9th.

In 2012 I saw Dodger Scott Van Slyke hit his first career homer, a go-ahead shot in the bottom of the 7th that turned out to be the game-winner.
    "As to your dead guy, occupational hazard. Drug dealer getting shot? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's been known to happen."
    Saul Goodman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12