Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free Wi-Fi at MLB parks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Just curious as to whether any stadiums out there make free wi-fi available to fans in the stands?
I live in Toronto. The Jay's play at the Roger's Centre. Rogers is probably one of the largest wireless companies in the world, yet they DO NOT provide free wi-fi at the park.
I know at Coca Cola field in Buffalo, there is free wi-fi, and I have a road trip coming up to PNC Park, and Progressive field so I'm wondering what the chances are of free access to the net.
So, do YOUR local parks provide access?

A_Pharis

You'd have a hard time handling the amount of concurrent connections at any given time. I've seen hospitals invest upwards of $200k for access points - purely on the first floor.
I'm sure it "could" be done, but I doubt most would invest the time to install and upkeep for the sake of giving people WiFi.

That said, with what people are willing to do over WiFi, I'd love to have a packet sniffer running in a situation like that.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Chase Field has free Wi-Fi and it works great.

So does Coors Field. In fact I believe you have to use the Wi-Fi @ Coors because nobody I know is able to get a signal any other way. Luckily it's a strong signal throughout the entire stadium. I've used it sitting behind home plate and up in the right field 3rd deck.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
People wanting WIFI everywhere they go, need to get the electronic device out of their hand, try go old human interaction Jesus Christ.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
US Cellular has free Wi-Fi. It's nice if you're scoring a game and have to check a result, or if you want to listen to the radio broadcast on the MLB App. Lot's of uses.

Members online

Latest posts