Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay no longer allows searches by bidder's wins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Shilling is not limited to sports cards

Those are legitimate reasons for us, but I think many sportscard collectors forget that our hobby makes up a tiny, tiny percentage of the traffic on eBay.
The concerns of a few thousand sportscard collectors do not necessarily translate to the other millions of eBay bidders and sellers.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Shilling is not limited to sports cards
No one claims it is. But shilling happens in an incredibly small percentage of auctions.

eBay obviously, and correctly so, believes members' concerns for bidding privacy far outweigh the miniscule amount of negative implications that it creates, especially by the 2% or whatever of eBay members who buy and sell sportscards.

The vast majority of eBay members are casual buyers of millions of different items, not hardcore collectors, and they don't scour eBay several hours a week like collectors do, obsessing over previous sales and which members bid higher.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
This.

And I like to know who is outbidding me.

Sometimes vindictive ******** bid on items just to screw you out of them.

Yup, and in another case, recently, I jacked up Phillyfan's bid by about $20 because I didn't remember how much feedback he had. Had I known it was him, I wouldn't have bid on the item.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Cannot even search your own anymore...that's ********.

Dammit, hadn't realized that. I used to plant bids on items with no intention of winning, just to see who else was bidding on Gomes cards.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Don't kid yourself schilling is everywhere on ebay not just our small piece
when making more money is involved it always gonna happen. By them taking away this option which was good to at least know your being schilling is now gone. It's just another blow to the honest buyers and sellers on ebay
No one claims it is. But shilling happens in an incredibly small percentage of auctions.

eBay obviously, and correctly so, believes members' concerns for bidding privacy far outweigh the miniscule amount of negative implications that it creates, especially by the 2% or whatever of eBay members who buy and sell sportscards.

The vast majority of eBay members are casual buyers of millions of different items, not hardcore collectors, and they don't scour eBay several hours a week like collectors do, obsessing over previous sales and which members bid higher.

Members online