Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If the topps company were to get sold.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm probably not fully understanding all the legalities, but if panini buys them and can use the topps name across the sports, that....would.....be ...awesome!

Topps chrome football would continue to be made, chrome, finest basketball would return.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I'm probably not fully understanding all the legalities, but if panini buys them and can use the topps name across the sports, that....would.....be ...awesome!

Topps chrome football would continue to be made, chrome, finest basketball would return.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

that is a best case scenario

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Seems unlikely this will work out well for us collectors. Our segment of the market is worth less than the "BUNT" app... that kinda says it all right there.

Why do you guys think that Panini buying Topps would be a good thing? What would they do differently?
They make nicer products that collectors like. Imagine if Panini had a license now? More than 3/4 of the people on here wouldn't bash them to death.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
the problem, while the market has gone up and many corporations are worth more, I don't think topps is worth much more than they paid, so they won;t make a huge amount of money.

As Kenny Rogers would say "you gotta know when to fold 'em" A small gain is better than a small loss.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Does UD still have enough Dollars/equity/assets sitting around to make another run at buying Topps?

correct me if I"m wrong, but since the last Topps sale, UD ran into financial problems and lost baseball licenses because they couldn't meet their license fee obligations.

I suppose they might have taken baby steps with college license and golf that might be getting them in better financial shape but who knows if good enough shape to actually make a multi-hundred million acquisition.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Topps card business will only sell $45-60 million with loss of football..

When they lose baseball in 2020 to panini, value might be as low as $20 million

Remember, they would still own candy business

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Topps card business will only sell $45-60 million with loss of football..

When they lose baseball in 2020 to panini, value might be as low as $20 million

Remember, they would still own candy business

Would they still be able to make the retro shirts/hats? Or is that something on their site they've subcontracted out manufacturing for anyway?

Members online