Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I gve up. Who/what is Wossa?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
More specifically I believe he was spending LARGE on high end prospects several years ago. Particularly Giants prospects but certainly others as well. Bought a LOT of superfractors. The running joke was that Wossa was Robin Williams.

FYI- Wossa was a shorted version of his/her ebay username I believe (wossamattu? Or something like that). This was back when you could see bidders names

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
He is just a guy who has a good bit of disposable money and collects cards. There is nothing significant about him (as far as I know, I mean I'm sure he is a good guy in his own right), other than his buying habit(s).

Last edited:

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
People once thought it was Robin Williams, guess that myth is officially debunked as of today.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Buys big prospects, and expensive ones too.

Question though. I know the Robin Williams comparisons but what led people to think this in the first place?

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
Both are (were) SF Giants fans & there was a pic somewhere of Robin Williams at his cpu or something like that. I'm sure there's even more I'm forgetting. The myth has become bigger than the story at this point. This started back on BMB several years ago.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
In his feedback as a seller , which he never really sold anything is an Ike Davis SuperFractor for $2500 , what's today's value ?

Ryan

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The legend became great here when the staged $25,000 purchase of the Buchholz Superfractor took place. A shocking figure for such a card owned by a member here who may or may not love Arby's, although his location should make him a fan of fine cream based chowdahs.

Marty Fromage was indeed a Giants fan after spending much of his formative years in NorCal.

Wossa...not sure where he grew up.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It makes you think about stuff like that though. Celebs are just people and they buy crap just like the rest of us. I'm sure there are plenty on ebay living in obscurity with nondescript user IDs. Ebay user ID "I'm Rick James BITCH!" probably won't get you privacy.

I remember being excited that I had won something directly from Spook Jacobs and he sent me some bonus stuff. he was genuinely appreciative that I won his item. I think I ended up trading a card with Bump Wills at one point too. Not sure now, it was a long time ago. Of course Olbermann is on ebay. I seem to remember his ID had Merkle in it. i also thought it was cool when I won some items from Ted Taylor of Fleer back in the day.

Members online

Latest posts