Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on 2014 Finest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Hey everyone
Lots of 2014 topps finest baseball has started to hit eBay

Post your thoughts and any pickups here

So far seems like a whole big mish mosh of previous finest sets.. Great eye appeal but rather confusing...

I've seen many 96 finest redos
97 finest redos
And some sort or 99 ID Ionix looking base cards

I don't know the checklist for this but in sure it's going to be insane

Oh well

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I guess the Topps Representative that is supposed to witness the signings was either eating donuts or taking a #1 because there are smudged autos in this product. You'd think the rep would notice that during the signing and correct the situation.

Oh that's right, unless it's a certain group of athletes that makes Topps O, I highly doubt the autos were witnessed.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So far, product looks awesome with all the colors on the base cards.

Retro inserts also super cool.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I guess the Topps Representative that is supposed to witness the signings was either eating donuts or taking a #1 because there are smudged autos in this product. You'd think the rep would notice that during the signing and correct the situation.

Oh that's right, unless it's a certain group of athletes that makes Topps O, I highly doubt the autos were witnessed.
As someone who has been that Topps witness for a few signings, I can tell you that our job is not to look at the autos or do any type of quality control. All we are expected to do is make sure the person on the card is the one signing it.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
From what came up in eBay searches:

Some cool looking cards but tao many variations it is confusing, and nothing that I think will be particularly memorable.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Love the design. The colored refractors are kind of confusing. Haven't held any in hand yet though.

If the Stanton or Trout Supers show up, I'll win them

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Don't forget, they also have the 1994 design in there, as [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] pointed out to me last night.

trout.JPG

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
This product is for those who want a rookie auto of the 2014 class, but can't drop the money on a Bowman/Bowman Chrome type product.

It will have more hits for your dollar, however the value and demand for those hits will be much less then their chrome counterpart.

It has been said already, but IMO, this or another product needs to be scrapped. All it does is flood the market with cheap autos and devalue the rest of the better product.

If I had my say, I agree that Platinum and Finest would be scrapped. Possibly Bowman or Bowman Chrome as well.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
As someone who has been that Topps witness for a few signings, I can tell you that our job is not to look at the autos or do any type of quality control. All we are expected to do is make sure the person on the card is the one signing it.

You have to admit, as a Topps witness, it would be kind of fun to yell, "DAMMIT SANDY, YOU SMUDGED ANOTHER ONE!!!"

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Base plus ten different refractors? Jesus, hasnt the refractors overload been done to death?

If they are trying to reclaim the feeling of previous finest products, then do base and a single refractor. That should be plenty.

And no Bagwell? Thank the stars...

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Posted on another thread , but this is what I see with the Greats
<<<

I may pick some up and build a set. I think they do look great. There are some things that I dislike from and OCD / visual standpoint. I wish they didn't do so many versions, I wish the checklist was a lil longer (20-24 cards) , I hate how Ozzie signed on that angle vs across the auto spot and same w/ Carlton signing so low.

When it comes to the versions as of now I am confused as to what is base etc. Going through the 12 here is what I see so far ....

Bo - Only 1 /125 listed no others

Banks - Mix of all but it seems his bass is the /125 Blue Refractor ?

Griffey - Only some Gold and Red listed

Brock - Only 1 Gold and the rest are all XFractor /149 are there

McGwire - Only a Gold /50 listed

Rivera - Good mix , what is base ?

Schmidt - Good mix , is Blue Ref base ?

Ozzie - Good mix , is Blue Ref base ?

Randy - Only Gold Atomic listed

Young - Good mix , but XFractor /149 seems to be base ?

Carlton - Good mix is Blue Ref base ?

Koufax - Only 2 Black and 1 Gold listed

So it's confusing as to what makes a set at this point
>>>>

Ryan

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Disappointed so many of the parallels are jacked up.Was looking forward going after the red refractors of my team, but cards don't even look like red refractors (too many other colors on the border ruin them).A red refractor is supposed to be red, not some mixture of 247 other colors printed on them.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I bought a box today. I plan on getting inappropriately drunk and filming the break. I'll post it here if I can figure out how to post it online.

Imagine Drunk History crossed with Bob Eucker in Major League. It'll be a ******* disaster

Members online