Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Franklin-Hendo and Coleman-Rua Announced for Jan. 17th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The UFC will open 2009 in Dublin, Ireland, the promotion announced Tuesday.

The Jan. 17 event, which will take place at the O2 Dublin, will feature a light heavyweight main event between Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin.

“This is the fight my fans have wanted for a long time now, and they want to see me fight Rich Franklin,” said Henderson in a news release. “I think this will be a great fight for Ireland. It definitely will be exciting because we both like to stand and bang, and we both have knockout power. I’m excited to go to Ireland and to take on Rich; I think he’s a tough opponent and a huge challenge, but I don’t see myself losing to him.”

Henderson had been competing at 185 pounds since returning to the UFC in September 2007, though he spent much of his career fighting heavier opponents. Franklin, a former UFC middleweight champion, returned to 205 pounds last month with a win over Matt Hamill.

“Dan Henderson has great credentials, and he is going to be one of the toughest fights of my career,” Franklin said. “That being said, I’m planning on winning the fight, and I’m looking forward to fighting in the main event and fighting in Ireland. I love the fans, and the way they react by singing and chanting makes it a unique experience for me.”

Also on the card will be a rematch Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and former UFC heavyweight champion Mark Coleman.

....should be a very interesting card. id give the nod to Rich over Dan, and Shogun over Mark

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Very interested in that card. Fan of Hendo and Franklin. Good match for uFC, great match for Fans

Members online

Latest posts