Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBAY- 2nd change in relisting policies in a few weeks

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EBAY- 2nd change in relisting policies in a few weeks

GRRRRRRRR............I see both sides of the situation. As a small-time seller I will not pay $.30 per item to list. I have used my 100 free listings each month and the periodic free listing periods to maintain a healthy listing of items for sale. With the reduction in re-lists from 3 times to 1 time, my inventory is/will be dramatically reduced. I do not sell enough to have a store so my choices are to pony-up, lower my prices, scrap Ebay and find another site or give all my stuff to Goodwill.

For full disclosure I am a small Ebay shareholder too and have done well with the stock. However, their communication to sellers on this change was non-existent and I gave their CS an earful when I discovered this change. They have to be experiencing a dramatic drop in listings as sellers discover this change.

Will the added income from the .$30 listing fees offset the lost income from fewer final-value fees? Not from me.......

Anyone else upset about this change?
    Last edited by MaineMule; 10-24-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Baseball Hall-of-Fame Autograph and Vintage Ted Williams Collector

Link to MaineMule's Collection and More........

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed it as well the other day. I am a very small times seller and don't come close to using my 100 free listings or whatever it is. So having to click on relist and using a free listing isn't a big deal to me. It was nice though not having to worry about catching when the items ended and not sell and not have to manually relist them.

jrzguyfla
     JohnnyG711
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay is really seeing how far they can take screwing sellers until they notice a dramatic drop off in listings. Those small guys like myself and others in the thread are getting taken behind the wood shed and bent over a barrel.
    AKA - FlaMetsFan
    Collector of Mets, Dolphins & NY Rangers

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting to see when or if I get the bulk free listings again. Ive gone from 230 listings to just over 100. And that dwindles each day.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering why nothing relisted. I was using the bulk relister tool and thought maybe that was why. At least I know I didn't do anything wrong.
    Have 15 minutes to kill? Check out my site...IUjapander Cards

dj.miller
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't like it either. Though I've only been back selling on ebay for a few months. Thankfully I don't have a huge amount of inventory so using free listings to relist isn't a big deal for me yet. I really liked the convenience of not worrying about it for a month. It will definitely make me pickier about what I'm listing going forward unless they really up the number of free listings more regularly.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even see the option to relist once?
    Collecting anything and everything Jorge Posada
    Finders Fees for:
    2004 Topps Originals Bob Watson Auto (yankee uni) & 2004 Absolutely Ink Jorge Posada Patch/Bat/Auto /5

prospectenthusiast
     @corrygross
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how much money eBay is making from me:

May $98, June $42, July $23, August $24, September $14.

I'm a small-time seller. May was when I had free listings. They continue to make these changes that make no sense. I'm NOT buying a store. This is what this is all about. I'll buy a store if they significantly lower fees, but I know that's not happening. Almost all of my sales are from BIN/BO and it makes no sense to auction anymore unless the player is HOT. I miss the surprise sales and offers. We all need to find another website to support, whether it be Collector Revolution, Sports Card Direct or something else.

Mredsox89
     @MikeWeismanUM
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost the free relist option a while back. It may have coincided with bumping up my store to the 500 a month free listings level, but I don't really remember.

It was a nice feature, but a gigantic pain to manually go through and set them up for that, since I list through GarageSale, and with the quantity of listings I had, it took absolutely forever

I'm all BIN/BO, and I can easily churn through all 500 free listings

The Land Of Always Baseball....Sunny Florida
     WaxPax
     WaxPax
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadn't noticed the switch until you just mentioned it. Like other "Small" sellers it does disappoint me to find this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like I'll have to wait until they have their once a month extra listings offer to relist since I've used up my 100 free listings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxPax View Post
    Hadn't noticed the switch until you just mentioned it. Like other "Small" sellers it does disappoint me to find this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like I'll have to wait until they have their once a month extra listings offer to relist since I've used up my 100 free listings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Let's post here when one of us sees the free listing promo. I do not always see the promotion or get the email.

My listings now down to 90, with 140 unsold.

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the email today- I should be able to get all my items up over the next week-

[IMG]https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/31x8Jc84-Qlk3yp_cfHpiDFpXMiZCGOP0vmebXtYUR8jXp97mia0ElZKzfc X5jRxql_VC_TX5CP7jR_x0MEQq***w5P38H_66xeV6HNhbwyP_ u3Y8bDfLpeulSoOgT1fshQIo5MX=s0-d-e1-ft#https://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/myemails/A201410-1778449709982/images/nip.png[/IMG]
    Maximize your sales before time runs out on this offer. Ends October 21.
    Includes 5-, 7-, and 10-day durations

MaineMule
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's announcement-

• eBay will be making the following updates to the free automatic relist feature, currently available to some sellers:
      • Starting November 6, items relisted via the automatic relist feature available to some sellers will count towards your monthly allotment of free listings*. Once a seller’s allotment of free listings is used up�or if the relisted item does not qualify for a free listing�the standard insertion fee of 30 per listing will apply,, as well as any optional feature fees.
      • Starting later this year, the automatic relist feature will no longer be available for 1- and 3-day duration listings.
      • The automatic relist feature currently relists an unsold item once. Starting November 6, if you are opted-in to this feature, your item will automatically be relisted up to two times.
        Note: Sellers will be credited�either via their frree listings allotment or on their invoice� for insertion fees for the automatic relisted items where the free automatic relist feature was selected prior to November 6. The manual relisting policy will still apply.
      • When listing an item, be sure that the automatic relist option is either checked or unchecked, depending on your preference. Note that before choosing this option, you may want to check the Selling section of My eBay for any personalized recommendations to improve your listings.

Wow, making it really difficult to keep a reasonable amount of listings active without paying a fee.

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineMule View Post
    Wow, making it really difficult to keep a reasonable amount of listings active without paying a fee.

while i do LOVE the free automatic re-lists , i've never found it hard to keep a decent number of active items without a fee....i generally have 700-900 items (i'll grant that most are slow-moving , low-end items , but that's not the point) live and thanks to having AT LEAST one free listing special (running the gamut from 100 auctions per day for a week all the way up to 2,000,000 any-style within a 2-week period) in literally every month since mid-2012 i've never run out - in fact , i haven't even come remotely close to using my regular monthly allotment even once in that time frame....for me , the great thing about the auto-relists was simply the convenience of knowing all my new listings could run for up to 4 months before i had to re-list them using the bulk re-listing tool (ok , so it's a great way to save 30 seconds , but still a nice luxury)....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed with this change. I did start a store last month, and used the free 150 in no time. But i will have to upgrade to the next level to maintain my 600+ items since they arent offering any decent promos, and stopped the free relisting to carry those promos for any decent amount of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast