Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is $46.50 really the cheapest way to get tracking overseas ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
:mad: . been a while since I checked. I was also pretty sure there was a $20-ish dollar option that provided tracking. Accepted an offer from a buyer in Taiwan, but couldnt find a cheaper option, and now I dont think he's gonna pay. its a $150 card or else I'd send it for $3.50, decided a while ago that I'm not getting burned anymore though. any advice or am I just dumb?

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
oof, no I was afraid to. what a mess. went through about half of it but its too late for me to comprehend this. also i'm a very low-key seller lately and dont even have an operating printer. ugh.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
registered includes tracking? looking at usps again, it looks like it might... their website is so frustrating.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
registered includes tracking? looking at usps again, it looks like it might... their website is so frustrating.

If you can send it registered to a country, it'll include tracking. Taiwan will for sure. It costs $11.95 or something for international registered plus shipping costs. It's gone up a bit lately so in total it might actually be $18 or $19 to ship that way. But it beats having a claim opened against you, especially on a card that expensive. Plus the PO will insure the package up to $50 if it does get lost after it leaves the country.

Is there a way you can send an invoice still? Usually you can enter an amount on international transactions. I sold a $400 Darvish auto to someone in Tokyo once and sent an invoice for the $400, plus $7.50 for shipping even though I had it listed as free for domestic. I just told them I was sending it registered and would split the cost on the invoice.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
If you can send it registered to a country, it'll include tracking. Taiwan will for sure. It costs $11.95 or something for international registered plus shipping costs. It's gone up a bit lately so in total it might actually be $18 or $19 to ship that way. But it beats having a claim opened against you, especially on a card that expensive. Plus the PO will insure the package up to $50 if it does get lost after it leaves the country.

Is there a way you can send an invoice still? Usually you can enter an amount on international transactions. I sold a $400 Darvish auto to someone in Tokyo once and sent an invoice for the $400, plus $7.50 for shipping even though I had it listed as free for domestic. I just told them I was sending it registered and would split the cost on the invoice.

thanks! not sure if I can send another invoice as I already sent one. item sold on Saturday.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country

Registered is the most secured shipping we offer. Yes it is tracked. The driver has to sign for it. When it gets to the office it is signed for. Then I sign for it when I take it to deliver. Until I get it, it's in a locked bag with a seal. Huge paper trail. At bigger offices all registered items are in a locked cage.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
oh, nice. thanks. Hendersonfan you dont happen to know the exact cost to ship a card registered do you? Still kind of iffy as to the total cost.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
First-Class Package International Service™**Value of contents can not exceed $400.00
Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"
Varies by destination$12.15

This is for a small box, 5 ounces. Not insured. International Priority Express is much more expensive (the $40+ you mentioned), but tracked, insured and guaranteed. As weight goes up, so does price. Adding other services is extra of course.
International Priority is tracked and insured, flat rate.

Priority Mail International® Padded Flat Rate Envelope**Value of contents can not exceed $400.00
USPS-Produced Envelope: 12-1/2" x 9-1/2"
Maximum weight 4 pounds.
6 - 10 business days to many major markets[SUP]1, 2[/SUP]$24.75

Hope this helps

If it makes any difference, I recently mailed a $30 card on Ebay to Germany in a pwe. It only cost me $3 and everything went smooth.

EDIT-Never mind this post. I just noticed it was a patch card. Those can't go in pwes even if you were bold enough to send in one. The card I sold to the buyer in Germany was a thin serial numbered auto.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts