Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipped: 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Group Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

auburn35

Jan 14, 2009
Re: SIGNUPS OPEN- SPECIAL: 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Group Break

prospectorgems said:
kasl35 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
kasl35 said:
I might be interested in five picks, but I first have a question about the player draft.

Will this “player draft” be done before or after the case is broken? I don’t think you specified this in your opening post, but I may have missed it.

Whether or not I decide to enter into this group break, I would like to suggest that the player selection portion of the draft, occur after the case is broken. Obviously the randomizing of the draft picks should be done prior to the break, but I would really like to see the player draft happen after all of the cards are revealed.

For example, let’s say Gordon Beckham is the top pick, no Beckham cards were discovered, but a low-numbered first year refractor (super, red ….) or another of the top autographs were pulled, would it not be a better use of the top pick(s) for cards that you would actual receive/want, rather than taking an risk on players that might not even appear.

The draft would be before the case is broken. It's a lot about risk and chance. It's kind of a gamble, because even if you have the first overall pick, do you select an autograph player and possibly not get any cards (but of course if you do, you make 30+ easily on the top few guys)?

I know that doing the draft afterward makes it safer to make picks, but it also takes away all the suspense of the break.

I completely understand all about the risks/luck that are involved with any group break, whether done by the team, hit or other methods (this proposed idea). I was only pointing out that, if you are truly looking for something different than the basic team break, doing the player selections after the break, would only add to the suspense (not lessen) and make the “top picks” that much more desirable.

What would be more suspenseful than having one of the top picks and the ability to select the best possible card/player from the break? In my opinion that’s much better than taking an additional risk/gamble on a player that may or may not be included.

Actually rewarding those lucky individuals whom happen to get one of the top picks from the more than 100 available, is something different and I think would be exciting to both watch unfold and take part in.

Granted that is a very cool idea, however do you realize how much work that would take? It means you would have to document each card that was pulled with quantity etc. So basically all the sorting would have to take place before the drafts were made and it would be a painstaking process to sort and document each card like that. It's a cool idea, but I don't think it would be worthwhile for a case of cards, at least not BCDP, maybe Sterling though. The setup right now is just fine, hope it fills.

Under the current format, the player sorting has to eventually occur anyways, so what is so much harder/time consuming about posting an abbreviated card count by each player on the already posted checklist?

I admit this might take a day or so longer to sort and let everyone make their picks, but I believe it would create a unique group break experience.

Once all of the “hits” are scanned and the base cards sorted/counted, the player selection would begin using the random draft positions, pretty simple. If everyone would prefer to keep the base card count a secret, adding to the suspense of possible selecting/getting nothing at all, that would remove the step of counting each specific player lot, everyone would just be making their selections on what they viewed during the video break or the posted scans.

Maybe this would work better with a different product, but it would also work perfectly fine with this particular group break, but I guess I’m alone in my opinion .

I wish everyone the best of luck with this break.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: Final Prices Available: 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Group Break

The AFALC Autos will go with any player on the checklist. For example, if a Porcello AFLAC is pulled, the person who drafts rick porcello will get the aflac. I will also include a slot for AFLAC Autos of players that aren't on the base checklist that can be "drafted" by someone. This will include players that aren't on the chrome checklist like Jason Heyward.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin

If you are going to do that with the Aflacs, I think the Monteros base and autographs should be included in as one spot as well. I know the Aflacs are rarer, but should just keep all the players together no matter if they two versions. Just my 2 cents.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

I'll up my 10 to 20. Just fill my other 10 slots randomly across the board.

Thanks Ryan, this should be an exciting break!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Don't have too much money right now, but I'll support you for $7 with one slot. I don't care where you put me.

I remember talking to you about this idea several months ago in 2008 when you first moved. We were trying to do this on another site. I actually did this type of break with 2008 Bowman Jumbo.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

markakis8 said:
Don't have too much money right now, but I'll support you for $7 with one slot. I don't care where you put me.

I remember talking to you about this idea several months ago in 2008 when you first moved. We were trying to do this on another site. I actually did this type of break with 2008 Bowman Jumbo.

Yeah man, that break was where the idea came from for this one. I really enjoyed that Bowman break. But thanks for the support, I'll put ya down for a slot.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island

what the hell, i'll take 15 spots

can you just put me where ever you want, just no consecutive spots though, thanks! :D

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

prospectorgems said:
If you are going to do that with the Aflacs, I think the Monteros base and autographs should be included in as one spot as well. I know the Aflacs are rarer, but should just keep all the players together no matter if they two versions. Just my 2 cents.

I thought about this too, but the reason why I want to do it the other way is to create another quality potential draft pick. The main difference is that there could end up being 12 Montero autos in the case (highly unlikely of course)...whereas there would only be one aflac auto of the player.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008

put me down for 5. Thanks

Joeed10

Aug 10, 2008

I'll do 1 more for sure

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

justinmandawg said:
mredsox89 said:
justinmandawg said:
mredsox89 said:
Put me down for 11, random just not consecutive. 11 is $55 correct?

Random could include consecutive.

i'll take 10

haha, i think he understood what I was asking for :lol:

just busting your balls

no offense meant

I know. We are up to 80/185 spots filled. Hope we can get this filled quick so the break can be next weekend.

Members online

Latest posts