User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ebayers are morons

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebayers are morons

I started selling a few months ago. I have 171/100% feedback with 5 star ratings in everything except for shipping charges. That's around 4.6.

First off, it clearly states on any auction homepage what the shipping charge is. Mine is $3.50. If you don't like the shipping charge, do not bid.

It's not like my charge is exorbitant. It costs $2.01 to mail a 4oz package through Paypal shipping. The only place that carries Caremail #0 mailers charges $12.99 for a package of 10. So I'm up to $3.30 per package on cards I charge $3.50 to ship. Anything I sell for over $20 (which is nearly every card I sell) is shipped in a one-touch. At the LCS, those are $25 for a box of $25. So now I'm losing 80 cents on everything I ship. Not to mention the cost of packing tape, gas to get to the PO, graded card sleeves, printer ink and paper, etc.

Am I wrong to be pissed? This is getting ridiculous. I don't have the space nor inventory to buy 1000 mailers at a time. I do this out of my room at night

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a seriously awesome mailer hookup for you. Super cheap and you won't have to buy a lot.

As for the the rest, I offer free shipping and bury that cost into the item.

Jeff-sealevel
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay does not know all of that. They figure a PWE at best.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ding anyone who charges over $3 for shipping one star. Free shipping is the way to go. You aren't recovering anything for shipping at the end of the day anyway. A $25 card is a $25 card whether it is $25 with free shipping or bid up to 21.50 plus your $3.50. No buyer is going to pay $25 plus $3.50 for shipping.

Why do you buy your shipping labels through paypal, but then drive to the PO. Just toss them in the mail box.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff_bichel View Post
    Ebay does not know all of that. They figure a PWE at best.
    Ha. The same PWE that's too thin for USPS tracking, which is required by Paypal, the only accepted method of payment on EBay

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewfan82 View Post
    I ding anyone who charges over $3 for shipping one star.

Then you are an asshole.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy 250 bubble mailers on eBay for a little over 10 cents per. Search 250 #0 bubble mailer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
    Then you are an asshole.
    Nope, I sell a ton on eBay offering free shipping on all auctions for cards. Of course I am naturally going to think someone charging $3.50 for shipping only deserves 4 stars for reasonable shipping charges. If I were to give you 5 stars how would I properly score someone who ships free?

Nothing personal, but it isn't the buyers problem that you don't know how to buy smart on your materials and control your shipping cost.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
    Then you are an asshole.
    Kinda have to agree

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
    Kinda have to agree
    Just to confirm, by ding one star, I mean I give them 4 stars. I don't only give them a single star. If I did that I would agree that I am an asshole.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't ding really if agreed to the price , but $3.50 is high. I think you could cut w / a better mailer cost and not using 1 Touch on everything. Which will also lower cost to ship in the 1-3 oz category. $2.50 I'd say is most common charge

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to confirm, by ding one star, I mean I give them 4 stars. I don't only give them a single star. If I did that I would agree that I am an asshole.
    Oh. Then I take it back and I'll offer apologies. That's a fair way to behave

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy 250 bubble mailers on eBay for a little over 10 cents per. Search 250 #0 bubble mailer.
    Those are garbage and offer zero protection when it comes to the post office carelessly throwing stuff around. The slightest ding can rip it, and the slightest knock can break or crease it.

The padded Caremail mailers cost, on average, $15 for 25. Cheaper in bulk (which I've already stated I do not have space for), and more expensive one box at a time. Shipping is often $4/box to free, depending on how much you buy. Lets just call it 65 cents/per on average.

I'm now up to $2.66 my cost on each shipment.

I might be wrong on the cost/25-ct box of one-touches. Might be $35/25 at the LCS instead of the $25 I originally stated, so lets use eBay as a proper gauge. They cost between $23 and $28 per box, so again we can use $1/per for argument's sake.

I'm now up to $3.66 on something I charge $3.50 for. I'm now only losing 16 cents instead of the 80 cents in my previous scenario. I won't even include the cost of other supplies and gas (I use a PO box, and the outgoing mail slot at the office is smaller than a virgin's twat)

So humor me and explain your justification for dinging anyone who charges over $3 for shipping, especially after stating you adjust your max bid based on what the seller charges for shipping.

Again, you seem like an asshole

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing I have to add to this convo is that I've shipped my last 500 or so packages using eBay bought bulk mailers and have 100% feedback.

dragsy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found E-Lite are the best quality/cost on eBay for mailers:
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/directdiscou...p2047675.l2559

About $0.10 each at 300.
    After that, top loader and penny sleeve should be around $0.10-0.15, team bag about $0.05. 1-3 cards in top loaders with two pieces of cardboard is < 3 oz, which when using eBay shipping is $1.93.

So for 3 cards you're looking at $2.53 or so shipped. I let eBay calculate 2 oz for single cards ($2.32 charged to buyer) then invoice for that up to 3 cards. $2.50 for up to 6 cards.

And I still get 4 star dings occasionally.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast