Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

University of Illinois 1921-22 Student Handbook: a little baseball, a lot of romance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
From FindAGrave.com

182437841_1502908907.jpg

rlarkin

Mar 4, 2020
Edna Mougin photo

Rhonda - how kind of you to share this information with me. Thanks for taking the time to reach out and post here. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the entries from Edna. I found the picture you mention. Unfortunately although the names of the six women are known, only 2 were identified by position. Edna is either 1, 2, 5 or 6. But this is great I can add the photo to my handbook!

edna.jpg

In the handbook, the entry announcing her engagement was on Wed. March 1, 1922. So her marriage to Robert Anderson Brown was most likely in 1922 or 23.

Here's to the wild lasses of Jo Davies county! I myself dated a girl from Stockton in my youth. Good times at Apple River Canyon!

You're most welcome! Thanks for posting the photo above of Edna and her small graduating class. In response to your question above, Edna is the second from left. And she looks very much like her sister, Gladys, who I knew in her later years. Gladys was a schoolteacher in Dubuque, IA, and never married. Her personality was very quiet in comparison to what I'm seeing of her sister's. I believe Edna's son, who was under 10 years old when she died, lived in that same house with Gladys and her parents until he was old enough to join his dad Robert in Rockford, IL. At least, that is what my research has suggested. I'd love to read the rest of her entries some time, if you ever feel like copying the pages.

Rhonda

Latest posts