Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stanton HBP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
But in all seriousness, what kind of idiot beans a second batter after hitting someone in the face? Intentional or unintentional, there is no excuse for it. He should have been so spot on with his next few pitches, to make sure there was no further controversy or confrontation.

He is a big league pitcher. He should have more control than that.

#SaysTheAnkielFan

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Ouch! Hope Stanton is OK.....I still have no idea how both of the swings on a HBP are called swinging strikes?

A_Pharis

But in all seriousness, what kind of idiot beans a second batter after hitting someone in the face? Intentional or unintentional, there is no excuse for it. He should have been so spot on with his next few pitches, to make sure there was no further controversy or confrontation.

He is a big league pitcher. He should have more control than that.

#SaysTheAnkielFan

Sarcasm overload.

I - personally - would have called it a night for him. He was clearly rattled when he hit Stanton.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Sarcasm overload.

I - personally - would have called it a night for him. He was clearly rattled when he hit Stanton.

Yeah for sure.

I just watched it again, and in the rules of baseball, Stanton did swing at the ball. There was even a little bat flip at the end of his follow through crash.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Sarcasm overload.

That was my thought. Fiers was shaken up mentally and lost his control (which is all he has). He probably shouldn't have remained in there if he couldn't focus, which he clearly couldn't.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Really though he was left in for one more pitch ultimately. Given how h was pitching up to that point (and for the last month) I can see why they gave him a brief chance to see if he could keep going

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Good news is doctors say there is no serious lasting damage, like to Stanton's eye, according to ESPN.com
He'll miss the rest of the season, but he'll be 100% physically by spring training.

And this from Manager Redmond:

"From the information I have, it looks like it's all stuff that's going to heal up and he's going to be fine," Redmond said. "It really becomes more of a mental thing now -- how he's going to feel when he steps in the box once he recovers. I wish he didn't have to go out like that. It would be nice if he could play a few more games and get that feeling back instead of having to sit on it for the offseason. But that's the way it goes."

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Good news is doctors say there is no serious lasting damage, like to Stanton's eye, according to ESPN.com
He'll miss the rest of the season, but he'll be 100% physically by spring training.

And this from Manager Redmond:

"From the information I have, it looks like it's all stuff that's going to heal up and he's going to be fine," Redmond said. "It really becomes more of a mental thing now -- how he's going to feel when he steps in the box once he recovers. I wish he didn't have to go out like that. It would be nice if he could play a few more games and get that feeling back instead of having to sit on it for the offseason. But that's the way it goes."

Great news.He's lucky he didn't need any surgery for the fractures.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
glad to hear that Stanton should be ready for next year. It's scary to see one of the best young hitters in the game now go down like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts