Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stanton HBP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Oh man, watching the Brewers game and Stanton just got hit square in the face on a pitch from Fiers. Not pretty

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Was just going to post this. That was one of the ugliest HBP I have ever seen. Fastball right to the face below his left eye. He didn't even try to avoid it. Hit him flush. I sure hope he is okay. Hate seeing this happen to anyone, but especially hate seeing it happen to a young star in the league.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
It's been an ugly night for HBP. Jeter in the elbow, Headley in the chin, Trout in the upper arm, Gomez (in retaliation for Stanton & Johnson. Cutch had to duck under a heater coming straight for his head. I'm sure Beltre will be watching himself, 'cause the Angels will be looking to return the favor for Trout.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Ugh. Awful.

From mlb.com:
MILWAUKEE -- Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures, dental damage and a facial laceration requiring stitches after being hit in the face by a pitch from Brewers starter Mike Fiers in the fifth inning on Thursday night.

The update on Stanton's condition was released by the Marlins, who said Stanton would return to Miami on Friday for further evaluation. It was not known how long Stanton would be sidelined, although Marlins manager Mike Redmond and teammates were not optimistic.

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Only a moron would think either of those were intentional; and I'm not even sure a moron would, since Keith Law didn't think they were and thought the Marlins were just looking for a fight.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Only a moron would think either of those were intentional; and I'm not even sure a moron would, since Keith Law didn't think they were and thought the Marlins were just looking for a fight.

I don't know man. Looks like he was aiming to me. I think I even seen him wink at his catcher afterward.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts