Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sure glad this card wasn't a PC add.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I have 3 observations on this......

1) Sadly, this falls on the seller as his fault, when in reality they did nothing wrong

2) This is clearly the Post Office's fault, but they will not reimburse anyone anything because there was no insurance paid for

3) It looks to me like they actually tried to run it through the mailing machines, which is not supposed to happen when paying through PAYPAL as you pay the upcharge for non-machined--revert back to #1 and #2

I am tired of the laziness and disregard at the USPS....

TK

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Supposedly they are bring me papers to file a claim. I will do so on the sellers behalf but I am going to go through paypal now (after I hear back from the seller)
Paypal I will have my refund in a week the post office if they do anything will be months before I see a dime

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Supposedly they are bring me papers to file a claim. I will do so on the sellers behalf but I am going to go through paypal now (after I hear back from the seller)
Paypal I will have my refund in a week the post office if they do anything will be months before I see a dime

Agreed, but all I am saying is that PAYPAL should not even be involved in this as the seller did nothing wrong---I am assuming ebay purchase---so the seller does everything 100% correctly and still gets a claim and money held from his account, defect affecting his seller status, etc....just another huge flaw with the entire ebay/paypal process.

The post office should be held accountable and reimburse you immediately no questions asked, especially when it was their employees screw up.

I have been in this situation before, file all the papers you want, 90% sure they will tell you nothing they can do for you without insurance.

TK

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
holy hell man. I saw this when you posted it on Facebook yesterday.......I was like wow that was a nice card.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Geez, sorry man. TG it wasn't a Cowboys card! :cool:

Do they even try to find out WHERE it happened? I'd bet the USPS would charge that location if they could figure it out...

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Yikes, I've never seen this happen but that's pretty crappy of the post office to just drop it off with the package blatantly damaged as if they were making a routine delivery. They should have at least alerted you or the sender in some way, now you have to be the one proactively addressing the situation and what will most likely happen anyways is the seller will get shafted when they did nothing wrong. Seems like a big F you from the PO

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
The post office once delivered me a half burnt Andre Dawson bat card. The envelope was all burnt up and they said was sorry there is nothing we can do. My mail was involved in a fire while they had it and there was nothing they would about it.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i also had a similar situation a "few" years back.....a graded michael jordan card....the bubble mailer arrived folded in half with rubber bands around it to to keep it in that position....the psa case inside was snapped in half and the card was also doubled over..... payment was via money order and it was sent without tracking or insurance.....i took the package to my local post office along with a receipt for the money order showing how much i'd paid and a printout of the auction listing to that also happened to mention the book value of the card ....while i was still there , the clerk called the local postmaster across town and explained the situation....3 days later when i checked the mail , there was a money order from the usps ...much to my surprise , they reimbursed me for the full BOOK VALUE of the damaged card .....not saying they'll do the same for you , but it can't hurt to try.....

for the record - they even let me keep the damaged envelope and card which i still have sitting on a shelf in my bedroom nearly a decade later....

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
It's crazy that in September that this was just a sad story about a nobody 1/1 and now it's an extremely depressing story for CC! Sorry man!

Members online