User Tag List

Thread: Sure glad this card wasn't a PC add.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure glad this card wasn't a PC add.

Mail lady just dropped this off to me.

Masterpiece 1 of 1

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I'm sorry about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 observations on this......

1) Sadly, this falls on the seller as his fault, when in reality they did nothing wrong

2) This is clearly the Post Office's fault, but they will not reimburse anyone anything because there was no insurance paid for

3) It looks to me like they actually tried to run it through the mailing machines, which is not supposed to happen when paying through PAYPAL as you pay the upcharge for non-machined--revert back to #1 and #2

I am tired of the laziness and disregard at the USPS....

TK

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposedly they are bring me papers to file a claim. I will do so on the sellers behalf but I am going to go through paypal now (after I hear back from the seller)
    Paypal I will have my refund in a week the post office if they do anything will be months before I see a dime

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectorsCorner View Post
    Supposedly they are bring me papers to file a claim. I will do so on the sellers behalf but I am going to go through paypal now (after I hear back from the seller)
    Paypal I will have my refund in a week the post office if they do anything will be months before I see a dime

Agreed, but all I am saying is that PAYPAL should not even be involved in this as the seller did nothing wrong---I am assuming ebay purchase---so the seller does everything 100% correctly and still gets a claim and money held from his account, defect affecting his seller status, etc....just another huge flaw with the entire ebay/paypal process.

The post office should be held accountable and reimburse you immediately no questions asked, especially when it was their employees screw up.

I have been in this situation before, file all the papers you want, 90% sure they will tell you nothing they can do for you without insurance.

TK

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy hell man. I saw this when you posted it on Facebook yesterday.......I was like wow that was a nice card.
    Last edited by Pine Tar; 12-29-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    -Richard-

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez, sorry man. TG it wasn't a Cowboys card!

Do they even try to find out WHERE it happened? I'd bet the USPS would charge that location if they could figure it out...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured this deserved a bump after his soon to be ROY award.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes, I've never seen this happen but that's pretty crappy of the post office to just drop it off with the package blatantly damaged as if they were making a routine delivery. They should have at least alerted you or the sender in some way, now you have to be the one proactively addressing the situation and what will most likely happen anyways is the seller will get shafted when they did nothing wrong. Seems like a big F you from the PO

Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The post office once delivered me a half burnt Andre Dawson bat card. The envelope was all burnt up and they said was sorry there is nothing we can do. My mail was involved in a fire while they had it and there was nothing they would about it.
    Want to buy anything Andre Dawson - Twitter @The8Hawk8
    159,911 Total Cards, 4,181 Different Cards, 1,098 Autographs, 355 1/1s, 174 RCs, 373 Graded, 187 Packs, 6 Buttons, 1,282 Mem Cards, 2,666 SN Cards
    28 Cameos, 206 Mentions, 337 Checklists
    Also collecting Drew Brees with my son

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i also had a similar situation a "few" years back.....a graded michael jordan card....the bubble mailer arrived folded in half with rubber bands around it to to keep it in that position....the psa case inside was snapped in half and the card was also doubled over..... payment was via money order and it was sent without tracking or insurance.....i took the package to my local post office along with a receipt for the money order showing how much i'd paid and a printout of the auction listing to that also happened to mention the book value of the card ....while i was still there , the clerk called the local postmaster across town and explained the situation....3 days later when i checked the mail , there was a money order from the usps ...much to my surprise , they reimbursed me for the full BOOK VALUE of the damaged card .....not saying they'll do the same for you , but it can't hurt to try.....

for the record - they even let me keep the damaged envelope and card which i still have sitting on a shelf in my bedroom nearly a decade later....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy that in September that this was just a sad story about a nobody 1/1 and now it's an extremely depressing story for CC! Sorry man!
    Eddie