Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Biggest pet peeves in wrestling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I can't remember if I ever started this discussion before.

I was just watching the newest episode of NXT and the tag team champions Sin Cara and Kalisto, came to the ring first for their match against The Ascension.

I absolutely LOATH when a champion comes to the ring first.

One of my biggest pet peeves in all of wrestling.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Sometimes it makes sense for the challenger to come out second, but 99% of the time the champ should come out second

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Michael Cole overselling CONSTANTLY and commentators these days who just don't commentate

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
He is even terrible on Total Divas. So ******* fake. I know it's a semi-scripted show, but ****, he is such a fake human being.

He's an actor and a really good one, I think

I wouldn't necessarily blame him for the way he comes off, though.

He has recently come out and said in interviews that he does what Vince wants him to do; which is be a one dimensional character.

Anytime he's given the chance to cut his own promos or do his own thing (mainly with Rock) he always excels.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He's an actor and a really good one, I think

I wouldn't necessarily blame him for the way he comes off, though.

He has recently come out and said in interviews that he does what Vince wants him to do; which is be a one dimensional character.

Anytime he's given the chance to cut his own promos or do his own thing (mainly with Rock) he always excels.

I fully understand their hesitance in turning him heel. He is the cash cow.

But they're afraid they're going to lose merchandise sales and I don't believe that would be the case. Like you said, he excels when let loose. So let him loose. The adults that chant Cena Sucks would start to like him. And they're the ones spending all the money at the live events anyway.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I fully understand their hesitance in turning him heel. He is the cash cow.

But they're afraid they're going to lose merchandise sales and I don't believe that would be the case. Like you said, he excels when let loose. So let him loose. The adults that chant Cena Sucks would start to like him. And they're the ones spending all the money at the live events anyway.

Totally agree

WWE's logic (and almost every business that markets to kids) is that adults may have second thoughts about buying merch for themselves, but when their kids start crying and pleading they will cave in and buy it. Or that parents might want to live vicariously through their kid, and since the parent didnt have that shirt as a kid, they feel good buying it for their child.

I hate marketing directed at kids and even moreso marketers that use emotions involving children to get people to buy ****.

So, you turn Cena and you have adults who may not want to buy Cena gear because they can't afford it or dont want to wear wrestling gear because they are afraid of being judged by their peers. Remember, even though millions watch and thousands attend weekly, wrestling still has a stigma to it.

Or, you keep Cena face and are guaranteed that income from his merch.

I can almost guarantee that once his sales numbers start to slip and his draw power is dying, he will turn heel a la Hogan in the nWo

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Not much irritates me other than every promo/match/move/wrestler being monumentous, classic, epic, best, greatest of all time, etc

That and most things they call vintage, such as "vintage Orton, vintage Cena, etc" to me that's like talking about vintage Upper Deck. There's Upper Decl from quite awhile back but it's far from vintage

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
- $9.99
- the 3 month rule
- Kane and Undertaker dying but returning to life next week
- giving up on characters too easy

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Finishers not meaning ****. I understand if you're a minute into a main event and you hit the FU on Lesnar that he'll kick out, but false finishes on killer finishers is something I loathe (R.O.H., I'm talking to you) !

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Finishers not meaning ****. I understand if you're a minute into a main event and you hit the FU on Lesnar that he'll kick out, but false finishes on killer finishers is something I loathe (R.O.H., I'm talking to you) !

That's a really good one!

Finishers aren't finishers anymore.

The only ones that seem to actually be a finisher is The Tombstone, FU, and F5

And even then, they get kicked out of if it's in a huge match.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I also hate it when guys just JUMP right into the RKO. It happens all the time. People jump off the ropes headfirst into the RKO. Jericho did it last week.