Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy Grail Griffey Mailday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Just got this INSANE Griffey card in the mail today which I consider a Holy Grail card for my collection! Let me know what you think? Thanks!:D

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I love how they use silver ink for him to sign on the bat :)

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
I love how they use silver ink for him to sign on the bat :)
He actually didn't sign on the bat but its a silver colored facsimile auto but its game used so makes it super sick! This set is so SWEET since its the only set I know of that has both his auto and a nameplate logo bat barrel piece! I've seen other sets of his with just his nameplate logo bat barrel piece but not with his auto. This card was definitely VERY expensive but really glad to have it in my PC! Thanks again!:D

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
He actually didn't sign on the bat but its a silver colored facsimile auto but its game used so makes it super sick! This set is so SWEET since its the only set I know of that has both his auto and a nameplate logo bat barrel piece! I've seen other sets of his with just his nameplate logo bat barrel piece but not with his auto. This card was definitely VERY expensive but really glad to have it in my PC! Thanks again!:D

I was kidding. :D I love bat barrel cards and it's definitely a beauty. The fact his signature has remained so nice so that the real signature actually looks a lot like the barrel is awesome. It doesn't get much better than that. :eek: Congrats!

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
if only they didn't use such an ugly sticker...
I think it looks fine and goes nicely with the card. Thanks!
I was kidding. :D I love bat barrel cards and it's definitely a beauty. The fact his signature has remained so nice so that the real signature actually looks a lot like the barrel is awesome. It doesn't get much better than that. :eek: Congrats!
Right! LOL! Yeah, he definitely has one of the best signatures out there and I agree that it looks a lot like the auto on the bat barrel which makes this card so much sweeter! Thanks again!:D

Houstonmustangracer

Sep 23, 2014
Spring, Tx.
From the looks of the ebay listings the guy initially wanted 3500 for it and then settled for 2k on a second listing. Got a huge savings waiting him out!

Last edited:

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Holy Grail, Crown Jewel, or The Big Kahuna. It all means AWESOME, and that card qualifies as all three. GREAT card right there, congrats! :)
Thanks! Definitely agree that all three of those words can be used to describe this card! Still can't believe that I was able to get this one! Stunning card for sure!:D
That is a beauty! Congrats!
Thanks!:)
From the looks of the ebay listings the guy initially wanted 3500 for it and then settled for 2k on a second listing. Got a huge savings waiting him out!
Yeah, what happened is that I was watching the card after he initially listed it and saw that he didn't sell it and I remember one of these of Griffey cards from that set selling in an auction a few years back for around $1900-$2000 and figured I would see what the lowest the seller would let it go for and also to save himself on fees on top of that. Figured this would make him most likely sell it for a reasonable price since he wanted even more than that initially. I'm glad it worked out for the both of us and it was definitely worth it! Thanks!:)

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Amazing card. Man, that sticker though. If that was on-card it would be one of the nicest cards ever made.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Amazing card, wow. I would agree that the sticker is not the best but the card overall is amazing. Is it really serial numbered out of /5?!

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Amazing card. Man, that sticker though. If that was on-card it would be one of the nicest cards ever made.
I don't mind the sticker as I think it looks nice with the card. It's still one of the nicest cards ever made in my opinion. Thanks!
Amazing card, wow. I would agree that the sticker is not the best but the card overall is amazing. Is it really serial numbered out of /5?!
Thanks! Like I mentioned above I don't mind the sticker as I think it looks nice with the card. Doesn't take away how amazing the card is in my opinion. It is numbered out of 5 as I have seen 4 of the 5 made of Griffey so it's SUPER rare and the only set I have seen of Griffey with an auto and a nameplate logo bat barrel piece! Thanks again!:D

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I wonder how many more people are going to drop backhanded turds on your sunshine.

Great card. Period.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
does anyone think this would have been better served without the auto. Its a great debate. Personally I like just the barrel on this card. With that said its def a whale man. Grats bud

Members online

Latest posts