Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants Vs Cardinals NLCS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
LOL thats what you use to back up your stats? Look at the reach of the team. They have one of the stronger fanbases. Albeit not at the same level as NYY, Boston, LAD and Angels, they are in the second tier along with the Cubs, Mets, Rangers teams like that.

Definitely not a small market team but not a large market team either.

Look at team payroll and look at how much the team brings in. Its not "small."

Not sure what you're thinking I said. I just stated facts about this size. They do have a large fan base, and are in the top third of payroll due to that. They also continue to put a great product on that field that allows them to draw 3.5 million despite being in a smaller geographical market. The Cardinals are everything to the market and region, but doesn't change factual numbers. It's also worth noting that they are tied for the lowest tv revenue in MLB

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I hope the Giants and Cardinals have a great series. As a Giants fan and season ticketholder, I hate all the bandwagon fans that popped up after the 2010 season. Do you know how many tickets I ended up eating during the 2010 season because I wasn't able to sell them? I understand why people hate the SF Giants fan base, but as a diehard fan and season ticketholder, it's always just the most ignorant and annoying ones that get your attention.

Good luck Cardinals - and may the best team win!

Good of luck to your giants too! I think it will be a great series, gonna come down to pitching. Should be a lot of fun to watch!

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. A giants team or cardinal team will be in the WS for the 5th straight season.

I do hope the cards win to end the damn giants season.

Go grab your spot on the couch with Clayton!!

(bring the Doritos)

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Can't say I feel bad that it's the Cards and Giants--again--in the NLCS. Sorry that other teams **cough Milwaukee cough** can't keep a lead long enough and fall apart in September. Don't be angry at the Cards and Giants, be upset at ______________ (insert any other NL team here) that can't overtake them.

Having said that, I'm happy to see KC and Baltimore in the ALCS. Yes, fresh teams does add excitement. But how much complaining about a boring series would there be if it was Milwaukee and Colorado? Real baseball fans--like most of us here--will watch no matter who is in the LCS/World Series. If you're done watching, then you're a team fan, not a sport fan. My rambling thoughts for the day...

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
In regards to bandwagon fans...winning draws casual fans. The giants make the playoffs, the lady that bags your groceries starts wearing giants jerseys to work and talking about how exciting Pablo Sandoval is. That comes with winning. The giants also happen to have a loyal deep fan base. People still filled PAC bell when Barry was chasing hank aaron and the team was sub .500. The sf fans are also knowledgable, baseball Is the only pro sport left in the city and the fans pay attention. The fan base stretches through San Jose down to fresno due to the years those cities have been affiliated with the franchise. I'd rather win and deal with bandwagon fans than be perpetual losers that have a revolving fan base.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Being from Northern California I can say that while there are bandwagon fans the Giants have always been popular. I think the experience at AT&T is awesome too. I remember going when Barry was smashing and that place was electric. Oakland is awful, the fans don't show up and the O.co has the be the worst n professional sports. The Stockton Ports field (the A's single A team) had a better place to watch baseball.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I've seen a lot of bandwagon Royals fans popping up all over FaceBook.

Royals "fans" are so pathetic they can't even sell out their rotten stadium in September when they are in first place.How pathetic.That's why I hope they lose in the ALCS.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I think Waino is burned out for this year. We got our asses kicked today.
I hope Lynn keeps doing what he has been doing, if not we are done.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Madison Bumgarner is a boss! Learn from him Clayton Kershaw :p

But looking forward to game two. I expect the Cardinals to come out swinging in full force after losing Game 1 at home.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Wainwright throws so many pitches every season.

Even if he wants to, or can, I think next season Matheny needs to dial him back in some games, just so he isn't exhausted when the postseason comes.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Wainwright throws so many pitches every season.

Even if he wants to, or can, I think next season Matheny needs to dial him back in some games, just so he isn't exhausted when the postseason comes.

I was thinking the same thing earlier in the season.There was a September game in Milwaukee, Cardinals up big in late innings, Wainwright comes back out for 9th inning and I'm thinking "Why put him back out there for another inning of a blowout game?".I also hated Matheny let a reliever hit in the 5th inning with a runner on down 3.Not a good game for him.

All hail Bumgarner.25 straight scoreless innings.

Members online