User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: White whale inserts from the '90s which are NOT 1/1 cards

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck yeah on the 95 score gold rush redeemed--those are tough! would love to know how many of these are out there.

there is one seller on Beckett Marketplace who has a ton, mostly non-stars. I was lucky and picked up 2 of the Pedro Martinez cards from him years ago.

p.s. [MENTION=2549]cbrandtw[/MENTION], that A-Rod is sweet! i love the Rookie design in that set.

I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding this to the white whale list - probably similar story / print runs as the 1997 Score Stand and Deliver gold with red letter set.

this is the 1998 Score All-Score Team Gold. Not mine.

I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gradedeflator View Post
    Adding this to the white whale list - probably similar story / print runs as the 1997 Score Stand and Deliver gold with red letter set.

this is the 1998 Score All-Score Team Gold. Not mine.

Yeah the Red Letters would fit certain players WW list , that 98 Score AS, I am not to familiar with.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Yeah the Red Letters would fit certain players WW list , that 98 Score AS, I am not to familiar with.

Ryan
    "Ditto"
    Cardpedia....................
    All Score Team

A Gold parallel of this set does exist; however, it is unclear how the Gold cards were distributed.
    1 Mike Piazza
    2 Ivan Rodriguez
    3 Frank Thomas
    4 Mark McGwire
    5 Ryne Sandberg
    6 Roberto Alomar
    7 Cal Ripken, Jr.
    8 Barry Larkin
    9 Paul Molitor
    10 Travis Fryman
    11 Kirby Puckett
    12 Tony Gwynn
    13 Ken Griffey, Jr.
    14 Juan Gonzalez
    15 Barry Bonds
    16 Andruw Jones
    17 Roger Clemens
    18 Randy Johnson
    19 Greg Maddux
    20 Dennis Eckersley
    Gold All-Score Team Autograph

This special autographed card was created as a prize for Pinnacle's 1998 "Score with Score" hobby shop promotion. Dealers that ordered 1998 Score Baseball direct from Pinnacle or through one of their distributors were automatically entered into Pinnacle's hobby shop locator program. In December of 1997, all eligible shops were mailed a "Score with Score" contest ballot box and collector entry forms. Over the next several months, store customers could then fill out and submit forms. In the Spring of 1998, 600 lucky collectors were randomly selected winners. 100 people won actual Interleague game-used baseballs and 500 people won this special Andruw Jones autographed All-Score Team Gold card. The card is easy to differentiate from the more common All-Score Team inserts by it's bold gold (rather than silver) foil front and Jones' black ink signature.

16 Andruw Jones /500
    Last edited by magicpapa; 10-11-2014 at 04:05 PM.

carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thread.
    Off the top of my head some Manny Ramirez 90's cards that I am still seeking but have never even seen a copy of:
    1995 Score Rules Jumbos
    1998 Topps Gallery Gallery Proofs /125 I have seen plenty of the player's private issue 3/250 but never a gallery proof. Odd...
    1998 Pacific Online Winners
    1997 Collectors Choice Instant Win
    1997 Indians Score Premier Club
    1999 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible Level 2
    1998 Pinnacle Performers Big Bang Seasonal Outburst

Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrsallstars View Post
    Good thread.
    Off the top of my head some Manny Ramirez 90's cards that I am still seeking but have never even seen a copy of:
    1995 Score Rules Jumbos
    1998 Topps Gallery Gallery Proofs /125 I have seen plenty of the player's private issue 3/250 but never a gallery proof. Odd...
    1998 Pacific Online Winners
    1997 Collectors Choice Instant Win
    1997 Indians Score Premier Club
    1999 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible Level 2
    1998 Pinnacle Performers Big Bang Seasonal Outburst
    the Score Rules Jumbos are tuff............ for /3000

Retail Collector's Kit: 26 assorted packs of series 1 and 2, one oversize Score Rules card, 10 pages and a binder

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
    the Score Rules Jumbos are tuff............ for /3000

Retail Collector's Kit: 26 assorted packs of series 1 and 2, one oversize Score Rules card, 10 pages and a binder
    Def weird for that type of PR

1. Maybe all 3000 weren't released

2. Not many were kept because of the oversize

3. Something I've thought about is there is only 3000 total in the whole set , not individual. 3000 on the kits seems real low, so it's probably more towards 90,000 kits (3000 x 30), but it seems like if 90,000 total Jumbos existed you'd see more

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3. Something I've thought about is there is only 3000 total in the whole set , not individual. 3000 on the kits seems real low, so it's probably more towards 90,000 kits (3000 x 30), but it seems like if 90,000 total Jumbos existed you'd see more

Ryan
    good questions, not sure. picked up a Griffey awhile back and snagged a Piazza for Art then too

.......... kinda like the 1993 IOOSS Jumbos they were 10,000
    Last edited by magicpapa; 10-12-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    I would say these. Have not even seen one of these. Do they exist???

1999 Pacific Omega 5-Tool Talents Tiers Tier 1 Blue /100

1999 Pacific Omega 5-Tool Talents Tiers Tier 2 Red /75

1999 Pacific Omega 5-Tool Talents Tiers Tier 3 Green /50

1999 Pacific Omega 5-Tool Talents Tiers Tier 4 Purple /25
    I think each player only lands in one tier. I have my guy. He's in tier 4.
    I NEED 1990s INSERTS AND PARALLELS OF A-ROD. THANKS
    My 1997 A-Rod most wanted
    1997 Donruss Preferred Staremasters Sample #1
    1997 Mariners Score Premier #3
    1997 Ultra Autographstix Emeralds #5

Any UNREDEEMED AUTO card from 1997

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post
    Thought these were most likely 1/1? Do you think there are multiples per player?

Been awhile since you bought this. Just wondering - do you regret the purchase or is it a PC favorite? Quite a chunk of change.
    No regrets, I guess if another one surfaced I would be a bit bummed - but no regret!
    I guess I misunderstood the post. I will consider this a 1/1 until proved otherwise

-AJ

carrsallstars
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan
    The annoying large size might be a factor here- I agree. It's one card where the rarity just doesn't add up with the print run. A few other things to point out on this issue: the cards actually are serial #/d out of 3000. Doesn't mean that they all got released/printed/distributed evenly or even at all. But there's this: with a total print run of 90,000 cards issued, there are only 6! up for sale between ebay, comc and the Beckett marketplace. That's an amazingly low rate. Of course there is one 1995 score collector's kit for sale on Amazon for $24.99. You get a score rule jumbo AND 26 Score I and II packs!
    Collecting (click for website/wantlist):.....Manny Ramirez.....1998 Bowman Chrome Master Set.....2009 Topps Tribute Black Master Set

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1566229.html
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR-Z View Post
    PLAYER SPECIFIC: 1996 LEAF PREFERRED STEEL BRONZE PROTOTYPE #47

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The annoying large size might be a factor here- I agree. It's one card where the rarity just doesn't add up with the print run. A few other things to point out on this issue: the cards actually are serial #/d out of 3000. Doesn't mean that they all got released/printed/distributed evenly or even at all. But there's this: with a total print run of 90,000 cards issued, there are only 6! up for sale between ebay, comc and the Beckett marketplace. That's an amazingly low rate. Of course there is one 1995 score collector's kit for sale on Amazon for $24.99. You get a score rule jumbo AND 26 Score I and II packs!
    I have 2 Clark's and have seen only a handful of others of his.

Last year a seller had some lots (5-15 each) of Ripken , maybe Mattingly and I think he still has Javy Lopez available.

But def not a bunch have hit the market

Ryan

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn , that's crazy .

Ryan

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    and a Folder

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast